What Is The Meaning Of Life?

What Meaning Life - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Jul, 2018 - 7:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 31st May, 2006 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

What is the meaning of life?

As a human do you feel life has specific meaning or are you merely following some kind of biological law of the universe?

Sponsored Links:
31st May, 2006 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Life Meaning The What

Oh, I think life here has specific meaning. I do not think we are just here to "breathe" and that's it. I think we are here to grow in many areas and develop all our talents and skills. We are here also to be tested (I do not want to get into religious discussion), nevertheless the question has a strong connection to it.

3rd Jun, 2006 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

What Is The Meaning Of Life? Health & Special Psychology

I believe the meaning of life is to fulfill a certian purpose I.e. save a life, advance a certian type of technology, or give birth to a hero. Once your fulfill that purpose you die later.

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2006 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Life Meaning The What

Beyond the obvious '42' (w/ appologies to Douglas Adams), the only 'meaning of life' is whatever we give it.

Of course the accuracy of anyone's opinion on the 'meaning of life' depends on the absolute Truth of the universe since all else is just belief/opinion.

It would seem to follow that finding the absolute Truth should be relatively high on the list of priorities. ('Right after a bit of lunch.' - a favorite scene from 'The Screwtape Letters' by C.S. Lewis).

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2006 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Life Meaning The What

Life is to love and to be love. Life is something we humans can not explain.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2006 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The meaning of life. Or purpose in life. Do we Have a purpose here? Well we do do things everyday on purpose. So we must have a purpose at some level. The ultimate purpose though which is the basis of this topic is a bit more elusive.

Why do we do all those things that we do throughout our lives? We often do things that we don't like to do. Why? We could spend our lives doing the things that would make only us happy. But most of us spend the largest portion of our lives trying to do the things that make others happy.

The reason for this is that most of us find happiness in the happiness of others. To make ourselves happy many of us must make those around us happy as well. That's a great thing though it can be tedious work.

But is it their happiness...or is it the praise that we get that makes us happy. There is always some sort of selfish undertone to everything we do.

The meaning of life is to be selfish. Not selfishness in a bad way, but selfishness in a normal everyday way.

Example. Almost everything I do has a selfishness to it.

1. I eat a piece of candy when I'm not hungry. It tastes good. Selfish.

2. I eat a piece of candy when I'm hungry. Curbing hunger makes me feel better. Selfish.

3. I share candy to make someone else happy. So they will like me,
or give me candy when I don't have any one day,
or it makes me feel good to give something to someone else,
or etc. etc. etc.

I can't think of any action I do throughout the day that isn't, after all is said and done, self-centered.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2006 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What The Meaning Life

The quintessential philosophical question, what is the meaning of life? There is no wrong answer to be sure, and maybe no right answer. I love discussing this question because there is an argument for nearly every opinion. And of course, I have one.

I do not believe in the existence of a god or gods, so I don't believe that we are created with a purpose. I don't believe in destiny or fate, so I don't believe there is some higher calling to which we are born to, no task meant to accomplish before we die. I don't believe that our lives are pre-ordained by karma, so that there is no past life that we have to make amends for. So this eliminates the majority of answers from my thought process. If I don't believe god, fate, or karma has anything to do with the meaning of life, then what is left?

Is the meaning of life to love, or to be selfish? No, love is defined differently by different people, something so dynamic cannot lend itself to absolute purpose. All people are born selfish, its what allows us to survive. Selfish isn't bad, its what makes you eat when you are hungry and sleep when you are tired. Its the reason religions tell us to love each other like ourselves, we are all born selfish. So selfish is instinct, not purpose and meaning.

In the cosmic expanse of the universe, one person makes little difference. If I never existed, what impact do I have on this existence outside of the people who know me? Even in cases of people who made a great impact, would not someone else just rise up in their place if they didn't exist? Great leaders represent an idea that is prevalent and anyone could replace them with the right qualifications, so they aren't especially special or meaning full in and of their self. In fact, the role they played had meaning, but they did not.

In the end, if you don't assign a meaning and purpose to your life, then you have none. The meaning of life is to grab it by the horns, plant your feet, and stand for something. Stand for love, for war, for peace, but stand for something. Play a role and make an impact or your life has meant nothing. I know it sounds harsh, but only you can give your life meaning, you aren't born with meaning and purpose to your life. Sure you may be loved, but if you never take an interest in your fellow man or the world around you, then what meaning was there to your life? Why did it matter that you existed at all? The fact is it doesn't. You give meaning to your life by the life you lead and the purpose you lend to your own everyday living.

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2018 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

What The Meaning Life Psychology Special & Health

What is the meaning of life? Ask a conservative. A deep analysis of a series of surveys across 16 countries that spanned several years shows that people who are on the conservative end of the political spectrum believe their lives are meaningful while those on the liberal end continue to search for meaning. Source 7f.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,