An Amazing Story!

An Amazing Story! - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 10th Jun, 2006 - 10:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Pilot has heart attack and...
6th Jun, 2006 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

An Amazing Story!

An Amazing Story!

Just imagine if you were one of the passengers on that plane and your pilot had a heart attack! It is good that he thought about the lives of his passengers first while seeing death.

international QUOTE
PILOT WITH HEART ATTACK SAVES 3 IN EMERGENCY LANDING

A pilot suffering a heart attack made an emergency landing on a highway, saving his three passengers shortly before he died, police said.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/05/pilot.hea...k.ap/index.html

On the other hand it makes you wonder if the guy had regular health checks for heart disease or associated problems?

Sponsored Links:
9th Jun, 2006 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Story Amazing An

This was an amazing story! I suspect he had a lot of motivation to land the plane safely since his wife was one of the three passengers. Since the plane was a private one, I don't know what restrictions or testing are done to check the health of pilots who fly them. At 61, you would think he would be undergoing regular tests anyway.

10th Jun, 2006 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

An Amazing Story! Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Reflecting on this story makes you wonder when you see those 'older' pilots flying planes.

10th Jun, 2006 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Story Amazing An

What a courageous man. Can you imagine how his wife and the other passengers must have felt? Tragic story.

Offtopic but,
Actually, heart attacks can happen at anytime, to anyone, without warning. Recently, a local man died at the age of 36 ~ a healthy, very physically active, teacher. When he didn't show up for work one day, the school called his wife at her office. She went home and found him sitting at the breakfast table with half his breakfast eaten - dead.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2006 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

An Amazing Story!
A Friend

Story Amazing An

QUOTE (malexander @ 9-Jun 06, 5:42 PM)
This was an amazing story! I suspect he had a lot of motivation to land the plane safely since his wife was one of the three passengers. Since the plane was a private one, I don't know what restrictions or testing are done to check the health of pilots who fly them. At 61, you would think he would be undergoing regular tests anyway.

I have to think this was a huge factor. Its one of the few people who I would think about before dying, my wife and my kids. If I had the same thing happen to me, I would die trying to make sure she was safe first before I passed on, even if I couldn't hold on that long, I would sure try.

> TOPIC: An Amazing Story!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,