Respect For National Flag

Respect National Flag - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Jun, 2006 - 10:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

General Discussion
Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2006 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Respect for National Flag

Do you think that people use the colors and emblems of National Flags for things that make it almost unpatriotic?

Consider the following: https://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006250446,00.html

Sponsored Links:
9th Jun, 2006 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

Flag National Respect

It is difficult to consider these acts unpatriotic since the people are actually showing national pride by displaying their national colors. Yes, in some cases, the method of displaying them is not in the best taste, but nowhere close, in my opinion, to say burning the flag. The World Cup, for example, is set on a world stage, and everyone wants to display their pride in their country's team. How else would they do so if not for displaying the national flag's colors during the game, or elsewhere?

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2006 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Respect For National Flag History & Civil Business Politics

I think it truly rests on the intent of the person. Even burning the flag can be patriotic if its for the right reason. People used to burn it if it touched the ground, burning it rather than allowing it to fly soiled.

Definitely displaying your colors and flags at the world cup is very patriotic in my opinion. Any act that is deliberately related to your pride for your country can usually be respected by me. Of course there are instances where thats not true, but this is not one of those cases.

> TOPIC: Respect For National Flag

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,