Woman Marries Cobra In India

Woman Marries Cobra India - Studies of Far East Religions - Posted: 15th Feb, 2015 - 8:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
4th Jun, 2006 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

No...cobra is not his nickname. She married a real snake! Yep...and she had more than 2,000 guest at the wedding. Her mother is very happy thatthe girl "Fall in love" With the snake.

international QUOTE
BHUBANESWAR, India (AFP) - A woman who fell in love with a snake has married the reptile at a traditional Hindu wedding celebrated by 2,000 guests in India's Orissa state, reports said.

Bimbala Das wore a silk saree for the ceremony Wednesday at Atala village near the Orissa state capital Bhubaneswar.

Priests chanted mantras to seal the union, but the snake failed to come out of a nearby ant hill where it lives, the Press Trust of India (PTI) said on Friday.

A brass replica snake stood in for the hesitant groom.

"Though snakes cannot speak nor understand, we communicate in a peculiar way," Das, 30, told the agency.

"Whenever I put milk near the ant hill where the cobra lives, it always comes out to drink.

"I always get to see it every time I go near the ant hill. It has never harmed me," She added.

Villagers welcomed the wedding in the belief it would bring good fortune and laid on a feast for the big day...
Source

Sponsored Links:
4th Jun, 2006 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

India Cobra Marries Woman

There certainly seems to be some 'twisted' people around.
If it wasn't so bizarre, it would be really funny.

Surely if the snake didn't turn up for the ceremony, then surely that should have been construed that he actually didn't want to have any part to play in the ceremony *laughs*

after all, if a real human groom didn't turn up, then the wedding would have to be cancelled.
I hope she doesn't fully intend to have him act as a groom laugh.gif .. now that could spell danger for her.

4th Jun, 2006 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Woman Marries Cobra In India Religions East of Studies

The fact that the mother is "proud" and an entire village is celebrating with feasting because of their expected good fortune tells a lot. 2,000 guests? Good grief! Interesting beliefs.

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2006 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Since when does a cobra have more appeal than a good strong man? This chic needs to hang out with me for at least a day.

5th Jun, 2006 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

The link did not work for me, but from the excerpt I read, this person was not out of her mind, at least not from the perspective of the 2000 guests that attended. I do believe the cobra is very revered in India, so marrying one is probably a great honor. I just don't know how the proposal would have been carried out for something like this undecided.gif

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2007 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Odd as it seems, this woman must be trying to reach a "higher Plane" in her being.
There is a whole sect in the hindu religion dedicated to the snake.
Shiv/Shankar, the greatest deity in the Hindu religion, wears a cobra around his neck.
Obviously this woman does not have a "physical marriage" with the snake, but maybe she is striving for enlightenment, to her higher self.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Jun, 2007 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Woman Marries Cobra India

One of the strangest things about Hinduism for me is this... there is a lot of emphasis placed on visual representations and objects (like a Cobra) to fulfill something unseen that could be better had through alms and meditation (another aspect of Hinduism).

15th Feb, 2015 - 8:17am / Post ID: #

Woman Marries Cobra India Studies of East Religions

This is no different than people who are 'married' to their pet. They treat their pet better than they do other humans the only difference is this woman is being upfront about it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Woman Marries Cobra In India

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,