LynnEdwin Introduction

Lynnedwin Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 6th Jun, 2006 - 4:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2006 - 7:30am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner
[?] CPosts: 5
Flag Posts: 11
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.0%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 1

LynnEdwin Introduction

This is my introduction.

Hi to all. I'm an ordained Southern Baptist minister who lives in Independence, MO. For these past twenty years I have been preaching out of both the Bible and the Book of Mormon.

I read the Book of Mormon in 1985 and had an instant conversion. I didn't get out of the first page 'till I knew I was reading the Word of God.

My passion is: bridge building.

It's my passionate belief that Bible-believing Christians and Book of Mormon Christians have far more in common than all our differences. Are there differences? Of course. But I believe strongly that it's time we began celebrating our commonalities rather than continue to magify our differences.

Lynn
Southern Baptist Minister
Independence, MO

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 6th Jun, 2006 - 6:19am
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2006 - 11:57am / Post ID: #

Introduction LynnEdwin

Welcome LDS Member

Thanks for posting your introduction message, this forum allows you to interact positively with many people on varying topics such as LDS Church news, Doctrine, the Book of Mormon, etc. However, do keep in mind that LDS Related Discussion is kept only in the LDS Related Boards as this is an International Community.

The next thing you should do now is update your profile. You can do this by clicking the link called, 'My Controls' in the top menu. You may wish to venture over to the LDS Deep Doctrine board or the News & RM Section and have a look around.

If you like RPGs then you may also be interested in playing: Nephi RPG where you can 'Journey to the Promised Land'

Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2006 - 11:59am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,045
Flag Posts: 51,702
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,598.60 FP
Charm: 394

LynnEdwin Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome, although I applaud your willingness to vouch for the Book of Mormon, I am a bit confused by your introduction? You have as your religion 'LDS' and yet you have as an end title 'Baptist Minister'? Are you a baptized member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints? If not, please change your religion to something else via your 'MyControls' feature. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2006 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 69.8%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction LynnEdwin

Hi Lynn, welcome aboard. I hope you have a great time in our community. Are you an LDS member? Please feel free to check the site around and join our many discussions. Take Care.
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2006 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Flag Posts: 4,033
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.8%
Charm: 226

Introduction LynnEdwin

Welcome to the forum! Are you the Lynn that Sterling Allan talks about, and has posted the stories about on his website?

I look forward to your participation here.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2006 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner

LynnEdwin Introduction

Hi Nighthawk,

Yes, I'm the Lynn that Mr. Allan refers to.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Lynn

Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 6th Jun, 2006 - 6:19am
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2006 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,045
Flag Posts: 51,702
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,598.60 FP
Charm: 394

LynnEdwin Introduction

Please answer my inquiry from the Message above about your actual Membership in the Church, it is important to verify this before continuing. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2006 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner

LynnEdwin Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Hi Trinadad,

You asked if I were LDS.

No. I'm a Southern Baptist minister, as said, who loves the Book of Mormon. And whose passion is your church history. For the past twenty years or so, I have loved your church history. And studied it.

Some of my favorite writers are: Truman Madsen, Hugh Nibley, Avraham Gileadi, Duane Crowther, and Bruce McConkie. The best sermon, by the way, I've ever heard on the subject of the Atonement was given by Elder McConkie. Incredible! I weep everytime I listen to it.

I love to read your Times & Seasons, The Elders Journal, The Millennial Star, and especially early saints journals.

As said, your history fascinates me.

You ask, why did I check "LDS?" I initially didn't. I checked "Baptist." But when I went into the "backroom" to read, and perhaps, participate in LDS gospel doctrine discussion, I was blocked, for concern that I would not know enough to participate. I do not intend to brag, but that's not the case. I do understand church doctrine.

So I changed my profile to "LDS," not to be deceptive, but to participate. And generically speaking, I do consider myself a "Latter-day Saint" in that I do embrace some of the cardinal truths of the restoration; I.e., open canon, regathering of Israel, America as Zion, etc.

But, no. In the sectarian sense, I am not a church member. Rest assured, I have nothing but the deepest admiration for your church and its members. There is not an "anti-Mormon" polemic bone in my body. I do not come to debate, or to argue.

Quite the contrary. As said in my introduction, my passion is building bridges. In fact, I'm usually "in the valley" somewhere there in Utah once a month holding a "Building Bridges Conference." Have been now for the past two years. We meet in Protestant churches, and typically have 100 or 200 LDS brothers and sisters who faithfully attend, along with some Protestants.

I have been privileged to meet with "the brethren," on behalf of our efforts. President Hinckley called me last year in February, saying that he wanted to meet me. I was hosted in the Lion's House by the First Presidency to simply get acquainted. They had heard of our "bridge building" efforts.

We also work closely with some of the BYU faculty members.

Hope this helps.

I come here as a friend.

Lynn

Signature:
+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: LynnEdwin Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,