Isiah53 Introduction

Isiah53 Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 30th Mar, 2007 - 3:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
LDS Doctrine
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2006 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Seasoned
[?] CPosts: 321
Flag Posts: 323
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.3%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 14

Isiah53 Introduction

Hello everyone,

I guess I will take some space to introduce myself to the community. I am 32 years old, and serving as Elders Quorum President in our branch. I enjoy discussing LDS doctrine and cultural issues, with other LDS. I served a mission in Salt Lake City UT.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 12th Jun, 2006 - 6:48pm
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jun, 2006 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Isiah

Welcome LDS Member

Thanks for posting your introduction message, this forum allows you to interact positively with many people on varying topics such as LDS Church news, Doctrine, the Book of Mormon, etc. However, do keep in mind that LDS Related Discussion is kept only in the LDS Related Boards as this is an International Community.

The next thing you should do now is update your profile. You can do this by clicking the link called, 'My Controls' in the top menu. You may wish to venture over to the LDS Deep Doctrine board or the News & RM Section and have a look around.

If you like RPGs then you may also be interested in playing: Nephi RPG where you can 'Journey to the Promised Land'

Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2006 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.2%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Isiah53 Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome to the Forum, Isaiah53! We're glad to have you join us. Please do explore the boards and join in our discussions. We look forward to your contributions here.

Welcome, and Enjoy!
Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2006 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction Isiah

Hi! how are you? Welcome. I have read some of your posts and I have enjoyed them, I look forward reading more about you and your thoughts. Thanks for coming.
LDS smile.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2006 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Isiah

Darlin', is it just me or did you mean to call yourself 'Isaiah53'?

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2006 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Isiah53 Introduction

I just noticed that I did not welcome you to the Community. In 'What Is Intelligence?' Thread you mentioned knowing Skousen personally. We have a Thread about him and his works that you may like to add to: Skousen - Writer.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2007 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Isiah53 Introduction

I did not want to go off topic in the Flood Thread, but in examining your responses I must ask what is your position about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints since some of your statements / opinions do not seem to agree with the mainstream doctrine?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2007 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Seasoned
[?] CPosts: 321
Flag Posts: 323
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.3%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 14

Isiah53 Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Thanks for your reply,

I am an active temple recommend carrying member. I have a testimony of the gospel as well. I also teach at the institute as well, (I am not paid, I did not want a paid position with the church.) I understand that my ideas are kind of different or perhaps liberal for the general LDS community. I understand that my views are a little off the mainstream line and I am ok with getting questioned about them. I guess I fall a little in the Neo-Orthodox camp of things.

My personal belief about the flood is that I think that it is a myth, like most of the stories in genesis. I think that are what is sometimes called " comic History." history that is written to tell us moral points and who God is rather then objective actual history. Cosmic history is where the events of history are exagerated to prove a point. This type of historical methodology is very typical with ancient history. I think that the flood could have happened and I can accept that it did if it was a regional, localized flood. (Wherther it did or did not really does nothing for my salvation or testimony. ) In fact most of what I have posted is influenced by a paper written at BYU about the LDS view of the Flood, who concludes that perhaps the flood did not happen as recorded, and what does that mean for LDS. It is quite interesting. I personally do have a problem with the flood not being accurate in order for the church being true. Whether the flood is true or not has no barring on the truthfulness of the gospel in my mind. I hope that helps. If you have any other questions just let me know.
Thanks

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 12th Jun, 2006 - 6:48pm
Signature:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Isiah53 Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,