Psychology Of Father

Psychology Father - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Jun, 2006 - 11:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2006 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

Psychology Of Father

Psychology of Father

This Thread has been reserved to discuss the Psychology of Father's being over you. In what ways has his 'tender' or 'harsh' ways affected you? Feel free to discuss remembrances of your father here.

Reconcile Edited: konquererz on 20th Jun, 2006 - 6:25am

Sponsored Links:
18th Jun, 2006 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Father Psychology

The responsibility of being a father to a child is something many men take lightly. It is the biggest responsibility a man will encounter in his whole lifetime. My father was always "working" and too busy for his two sons, so I went out of my way to be involved with what my children enjoyed. Choir, baseball, horses, and motorcycles were the three subjects I learned a lot about as my children grew up. I enjoyed them all except horses. "I'm not a cowboy, I just found this hat," but I watched a lot of trick riding. I didn't think I had been much of a father untill two of my children were "remembering" the things we did together. I won't get an "Expert" badge in heaven, but I guess I did OK after all.

18th Jun, 2006 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Psychology Of Father Health & Special Psychology

I wish I could say I knew my father but I don't. I guess it has affected me someway or another. I see my father's mistake as a lesson that I should not teach my kids. Although I can't be there for every second of their lives but it's not possible being separated from their mother and having a job.

19th Jun, 2006 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Father Psychology

Glyph, the only thing you can do at this point is live as close as you can and see your children as often as possible. When you see them leave no doubt in their minds how much you love them. If they are in sports, or any activity be there as much as you can. Good luck. I know it's hard.

19th Jun, 2006 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Father Psychology

My father was a very charismatic person. He had many weaknesses, but one of his great assets was his ability to charm people. He was always soft spoken until he became lit by alcohol and then he changed - those were the harsh moments. He was never harsh to me, but he harsh to himself by allowing the drink to consume him until he was dead - literally. This left many disappointments in my life. I used his example as what 'not to be' for my own son. It sounds sad, but that is the good that came out of it.

19th Jun, 2006 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

Psychology Of Father

I met my father briefly once and in a court room (not the best of places to meet your father for first time). He abandoned my sister and I when I was 1 year old and my sister was only 3. His mistake have helped me a lot to realize that when I wanted to get married, I knew I needed to find someone who can be a great father for my children.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Jun, 2006 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Psychology Father

Something I learned in counseling might be of interest. My father was a workaholic. I followed his example and also worked too much. I learned way too late that being a workaholic, or an alcoholic, has much the same effect on family life. I also learned that the son of a workaholic, or alcoholic, will gravitate like a magnet toward the daughter of a workaholic, or alcoholic. They have both lived the life with their parents, so to them that type of life is "normal." They hate it, but they know how to fight the battle, so they join in holy matrimony.
The third time around I married a normal woman and I have to bite my tongue all the time, because I'm still trying to fight the battle. When I have a problem she does exactly the right thing, ignore me.

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2006 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Psychology Of Father
A Friend

Psychology Father Psychology Special & Health

After reading your bittersweet and heartbreaking stories, It would feel wrong to complain about my father because at least he was present in my life, and he was stable. But I guess it would be okay to talk about him.

He and my mom divorced when I was a couple years old. They were still teenagers. I lived with my mom and spent summers with dad.

I used to be afraid of him and felt like a little mouse in his shadow. He was a big cowboy, assertive, loud talking and even walked loud, tromping into the room with his spurs and cowboy hat on, spitting chew and cussing, telling dirty jokes and making bigoted comments. We are complete opposites.

There are some good things he instilled in me, such as hard work and honesty, and facing my fears.

A few years back he was rear ended while sitting at a stoplight and got bad whiplash. He has been through a lot since then, physically and mentally and it has changed him, made him a little more human. Though I am sorry it happened to him, it has improved his relationships with his children. My daughter (his first grandchild) just turns him into a pile of mush smile.gif

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Psychology Of Father

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,