Why Cook With So Much Fat?

Why Cook Fat - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 20th Jun, 2006 - 7:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2006 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Why do so many cooks use oil, fat, and sugar if they know these things are bad for you?

Sponsored Links:
20th Jun, 2006 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Fat So Cook Why

Because most recipes call for these ingredients *shrugs*. I personally rather not eat much fried food, although I ocasionally enjoy some fried food but it is not something I could eat every day. In Trinidad, indian dishes are full of fat, specially oil and they eat that type of food everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2006 - 4:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Cook With So Much Fat? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Because fried foods and other things that are bad for you taste good. Thus frying anything in grease or making things with lots of sugar usually results in something that is delicious. Face it, fat free is usually flavor free as well and not as desirable as foods with more fat and sugar.

20th Jun, 2006 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

Fat So Cook Why

I don't have the answer why chefs use so much cooking oil, but maybe Konquererz has a good point in that sweet and unhealthy food always tastes better.

What I would say though, is that when I watch these tv chef shows, I cringe when I see how much oil they have sloshing around in their pans. I usually ignore that part of their recipe, I find it better to start off with the smallest amount, and then add more if needed. At least it's slightly healthier. laugh.gif

> TOPIC: Why Cook With So Much Fat?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,