Why Can't The Blind See?

Why Can' T Blind See - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 17th Sep, 2006 - 8:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 20th Jun, 2006 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

Why Can't The Blind See?

Why Can't The Blind See?

How come blind people are not cured like they were in the Bible?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jun, 2006 - 6:14am / Post ID: #

See Blind Cant Why

I searched the New Testament for the word, "blind." Several times Jesus just spoke to the blind telling them they could see. I can only find one instance where he actually did something other than speak.

John 9:6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed ° the eyes of the blind man with the clay, 7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, ° (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

Obviously the clay played some part in the cure and I have wondered at that passage many times, but I seriously doubt that question will ever be answered in this world.

22nd Jun, 2006 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #

Why Can't The Blind See? Revealed Bible The

Obviously the clay played some part in the cure and I have wondered at that passage many times

I do not think the clay has any part in the cure, simply because he has cured other people by just "speaking". I think the use of the clay was more used as an instrument of teaching for those who did not believe and for the ill person himself to prove his faith and whether he was willing to do what was required to be healed. Remember that healing always came from how much faith the ill person had and NOT from Jesus himself. The acts of healings were according to Faith.

Maybe two possible reasons: One, not enough Faith to be cured and second as Jesus himself described so "that the works of the Lord may be manifested unto them". A test for the person to pass in this life.

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2006 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

Why Can't The Blind See?
A Friend

See Blind Cant Why

By that reasoning it implies that the reason people are not healed is because they don't have enough faith. That is the same mentality that "faith healers" have and use to swindle people out of their money. That implies that its not the power of god that heals them, but their faith. So the power of god is limited by someones faith? Cannot god heal without faith, or is it a restraint put on him? Requirement of faith indicates that god needs something from us before his power works. Which I suppose is entirely possible, but stretches outside the boundaries of what christians consider to be an all powerful god.

Putting requirements of faith on a healing seems to be a nice way that christians can justify why god doesn't do the same things now as before. Do you really think they just had more faith back then? Roman had completely subjugated the Jewish people, god had forsaken them, why would they have more faith? An faith in what? Faith in a Messiah that was nothing like what their prophecies told them? The bible doesn't indicate an over whelming sense of more faith. Surely in nearly 2,000 years, someone has had enough faith to be healed from blindness.

It seems more likely that the stories are just that, stories. But this is not the thread to debate that, but it is my argument for why people are no longer healed, they were never healed. But today, its so much easier to attribute all good things to god, then blame ourselves for bad things happening. If you get healed, then god is good. If you don't it was a lack of faith. It has to be because Jesus said that with faith you can command a mountain into the sea. So our lack of faith is a way to get god off the hook for not healing someone or doing some miracle.

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2006 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Why Can't The Blind See?
A Friend

See Blind Cant Why

Ok, I have to give my 2 cents on this one...
First of all we have to consider that the Bible is a book of scripture that contains very concentrated history. The miracles and unbelievable things that occur in it didn't happen every day. But to the reader it may seem like it, but consider the timespan it is written in.

Secondly, I believe miracles can be done with the faith of the one doing it. I don't think the water in the Red Sea had faith to divide, it was due to Moses' faith. (Perhaps not the best example, though). But Jesus also raised people from death, was that due to the faith of the dead one?

But, there are stories where God has required faith on the other part as well, and it certainly serves a purpose which LDS_forever pointed out.

Offtopic but,
People are cured every day if we consider all the great doctors and hospitals we have in the world today. Not so in the time of the Bible...

Reconcile Edited: joheri on 8th Jul, 2006 - 4:26pm

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2006 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

Why Can't The Blind See?
A Friend

Why Can't The Blind See?

QUOTE (joheri @ 8-Jul 06, 11:23 AM)
Ok, I have to give my 2 cents on this one...
First of all we have to consider that the Bible is a book of scripture that contains very concentrated history. The miracles and unbelievable things that occur in it didn't happen every day. But to the reader it may seem like it, but consider the timespan it is written in.

To my knowledge, no person was ever healed of blindness in the OT. I could very well be wrong. But when considering the New Testament, Jesus ministry comprised of only two or three years depending on which gospel you believe. Thats several people being healed of blindness in just a couple years. Thats not a concentrated history that sounds to us like it was often, it was done often. One healed nearly every six months is actually quite often considering its been hundreds of years, maybe a thousand or more, since someone has even claimed being healed from blindness.

So question is again, why blindness was not healed and or documented in times of the comtemporaries doing it or even today? Are you implying that people today have less faith than before? In the two thousand years since Christ, how many people have supposedly died for the "cause of Christ"? Did not they have enough faith to heal someone of blindness?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2006 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Why Can't The Blind See?
A Friend

Why Can't Blind See

The Inter-testamental period: the 400 Silent Years that took place between Malachi's and Matthew's teachings when no healers, no prophets, no one inspired were in existence. This is precisely the case of our own times but I refer to our's as the Dead Silence, for no one will ever have the blessings, the manifestations, the faith, the hope and the love to be able to cure anyone with the Holy Ghost. No; we are never going to have these peoples again, not until the Apocalypse takes place and John's prophecies are fulfilled.

Offtopic but,
Let me note, that this thread is filled with typos. God is God not a god.

Reconcile Edited: SivanIlius on 16th Sep, 2006 - 8:17pm

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2006 - 8:16am / Post ID: #

Why Can't The Blind See?
A Friend

Why Can't Blind See The Bible Revealed

Ok I have this therory and the therory is that GOD made us eyes to see with but the reason we cant see him/her is because we are supposed to seek him/her. So another words blind people are blind maybe because GOD wants them to see him/her for certain reasons.

As far as why they aren't cured like in the biblical days? well the only thing I can figure is that it was for jesus to cure people and once he was crucified the healings of people like that were over well hold on wait a minute because people have had miracles since then like millions of people being cured without a cause or known explanation so I guess I don't understand your question very well. undecided.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Why Can't The Blind See?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,