Leonida Introduction

Leonida Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 22nd Jun, 2006 - 5:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
An example of a sensitive cheeky offensive wannabe.
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2006 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Leonida Introduction
A Friend

Leonida Introduction

I saw an advert for an RPG I thought I might be interested in trying out; I often do this when I'm researching a new project. As I went through the absurdly draconian sign-up process, I felt that I had to see what was at the end of the rainbow, so to speak.

To be frank, I found it somewhat offensive, but it's a good enough ploy to get people to register - it's very compelling in an "I'll show you" kind of way. I'd be interested to see the quality of writing that's actually on this group.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2006 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Leonida

Greetings Role-Playing Gamer

I trust you are excited and ready to become an RPG player here. A lot of questions you may have can be found on our RPG Page. You may also find the following links will guide you towards becoming integrated here:

Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2006 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,027
Flag Posts: 51,684
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,586.78 FP
Charm: 394

Leonida Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Oh brother, not another "I am offended" person, as you put it, to be quite frank did you read our Constructive Posting Policy before joining as was required? Rather than try to test us, it is you who will now be tested to see if your performance merits inclusion within our RPGs.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2006 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction Leonida

To be frank, I found it somewhat offensive

Well, I would strongly encourage you to read our Constructive Policy before jumping into the discussions, if you do not agree with our policies, you are free to delete your membership.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2006 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Leonida Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Leonida

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 22-Jun 06, 10:03 AM)

Well, I would strongly encourage you to read our Constructive Policy before jumping into the discussions, if you do not agree with our policies, you are free to delete your membership.

Yes, I read it of course, which is why I went through the process. I'd say that the main fault is that whilst it's compelling enough, you really have no idea what you're signing up for until you get here.

I just think it's a little over the top, which is...ahh..."constructive" criticism, n'est pas? This has obviously been mentioned before, judging by your prickly reaction.

I find it's an interesting way of working, however - you seem to actively want to put people off joining , which I guess is a good thing for your group as it will discourage many who just want to see what's going on.

Sadly, I have nosey nature (goes with the job) and I'm intrigued enough stick it out. But in truth I'm just learning to navigate the forums via the site map and what topics are going on, so I've not really been able to add anything more than a few points on...Superman...of all things. Oh, and football.

Looking forward to being tested, naturally as I like a challenge.

Cheers

L

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2006 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,027
Flag Posts: 51,684
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,586.78 FP
Charm: 394

Leonida Introduction

QUOTE (Leonida)
Yes, I read it of course

Your opening statements leave no evidence of that. One cannot criticize something they have not even used and I would dare say that such a position on a first post shows your long term Membership here is likely to come to a quick end either through your lack of being able to integrate or not really having enough gusto to keep up.

However, since you say you like a challenge we will see - surprise me.

I'd say that the main fault is that whilst it's compelling enough, you really have no idea what you're signing up for until you get here.

This is an open Community, you do not have to join to read the level of Posts / Discussions here, so your opinion - which is what it is... just opinion is unfounded.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2006 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Leonida Introduction
A Friend

Leonida Introduction

I tried to access the superhero rpg, and ended up at the join here section, which is where I started out...

Not say that I'm faultless of course - as I said, I'm learning the navigation, so it could be amidst all the warnings to ensure my spelling and grammar were correct I just ended up in the wrong area and could have viewed the forum without joining it? I don't know.

And why are you focussing on this anyway? Are you a last-word merchant...fair enough, I promise not to say anything else on this subject in this post.

I've made other posts here, all in topics that you're involved in, can't you comment on those? You know - that would be me trying to integrate as you say.

So that's my last word in this thread.

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2006 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,053
Flag Posts: 2,535
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 9.7%
[+] Gain: 4,034.80 FP
Charm: 111

Leonida Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Hi Leonida, welcome to the forum. I don't do the rpg myself, but I think that you have to put 30 constructive postings on first to be able to play them, like I say, I'm not an expert on this, but I think you'll find more information on this on either the site map or by pressing on the FAQ which can be found here:

https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?showforum=88

Hope you enjoy your time here. Best wishes, Diane.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Leonida Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,