How Do You Know If Someone Is Holy?

How Holy - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 9th Aug, 2006 - 4:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2006 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

In your religion how does someone become Holy, and how will I know if they are Holy?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Aug, 2006 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Holy Someone Know You How

ho·ly  Audio pronunciation of "holy" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (hl)
adj. ho·li·er, ho·li·est

1. Belonging to, derived from, or associated with a divine power; sacred.
  2. Regarded with or worthy of worship or veneration; revered: a holy book.
  3. Living according to a strict or highly moral religious or spiritual system; saintly: a holy person.
  4. Specified or set apart for a religious purpose: a holy place.
  5. Solemnly undertaken; sacrosanct: a holy pledge.
  6. Regarded as deserving special respect or reverence: The pursuit of peace is our holiest quest.
  7. Informal. Used as an intensive: raised holy hell over the mischief their children did.

The third definition is one the one we are concerned with. Seeing that this definition first requires the definition of the moral or spiritual code one lives by and which one is right, I am of the opinion that holiness for a person is different depending on the religion or moral code addressing the issue. Most muslims think that their clerics, even the ones that proclaim war against the world, as holy and sacred.

The LDS church would consider their prophets holy, while most other christian branches would not agree. So truly, the degree of morality is not set, even if it comes from the same place, the interpretation of it will change depending on the person. Such as one considered holy by the christian church that protests gays getting married, in my eyes, is not moral because he seeks to prevent the happiness of another based on his own moral beliefs. So in my eyes, he couldn't even have been holy.

So the answer for me is that there can be no holy person except in the eyes of those who listen to him and love him.

> TOPIC: How Do You Know If Someone Is Holy?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,