Fight Terrorism Legally

Fight Terrorism Legally - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Jun, 2006 - 8:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Should unseen means be used to bring down terrorists?
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2006 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Fight Terrorism Legally

FIGHT TERRORISM BY LEGAL MEANS, ARBOUR TELLS HUMAN RIGHTS MEETING

There were strong words from Louise Arbour, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, as she denounced on Friday the use of secret prisons and the erosion of laws that ban torture in the fight against terrorism.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...ur23062006.html

Sponsored Links:
25th Jun, 2006 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Legally Terrorism Fight

Why isn't the UN concerned when US soldiers are tortured and mutilated? I would like to see the corrupt UN defunded, disbanded, and the idea dumped for all time. We need to fight terrorism with terrorism and/or any means at our disposal.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

25th Jun, 2006 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Fight Terrorism Legally History & Civil Business Politics

QUOTE (Mousetrails)
...We need to fight terrorism with terrorism...

Isn't that like saying let's put out a fire using fire? I believe in dealing brutally with terrorists, but when you say use terrorism to fight terrorism what exactly do you mean?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

25th Jun, 2006 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Legally Terrorism Fight

I noticed that the original statement was made by the Commissioner on Human Rights. Isn't that the same organization that put Syria (or was it Libya) on its Council, and denied the US a place there?

That should pretty much show that it is a political weapon to be used against the US.

Let's see. How do you fight terrorism legally? Do you go around and politely ask the terrorists to stop cutting the heads off of civilians? Do you bring civil suits against the perpetrators of horrific bombings? Do you fine snipers who shoot babies in the head?

Oh, oh! I know! You run to the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and beg HIM to intervene, and let HIM make a target of himself! Of course, since he has no power or authority in any way, all of his recommendations, if gathered together, might just blow up a very small balloon.

"Those who live by the sword will die by the sword."

The US was attacked. We will carry the attack to those who sympathise and support the terrorists. There is no other valid way.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

25th Jun, 2006 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Legally Terrorism Fight

JB Trinidad

Isn't that like saying let's put out a fire using fire? 

Exactly! The tactic is used often in the US when fighting wild fires. It's called "backfiring." Websters Dictionary defines terror as to frighten, a state of intense fear, and a cause for anxiety. Why should a terrorist not be made to fear the person/country he is terrorizing? Are terrorist so tough ( or stupid ) they can't be made to feel fear? I doubt it! To me a terrorist is the scum of the earth. I feel no mercy for them. I would like to see them wiped from the face of the earth using what ever means necessary.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

25th Jun, 2006 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Fight Terrorism Legally

On that basis I can say yes, make the terrorist very afraid, but the problem with invading a country is that many have to be made to pay the price of a few. I believe the terrorists of the world are not large in number as compared to those who are not terrorists. I think the only real solution is infiltration, trojan horse tactics and undercover operations rather than full scale war against the unseen. Unless of course it is a known fact that an entire country funds terrorism.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jun, 2006 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Fight Terrorism Legally

Is terrorism legal? Are their tactics legal? Are their actions legal? Are they abiding by International Law when they blow up/torture/maim innocents? Of course not. So are we supposed to abide by the rules of engagement when the enemy does not?

I understand what Ms. Arbour is saying about the moral high road, and that in fighting terrorism our stance has to be firmly in that path. When the fighters of terrorism resort to the same tactics as the terrorists, what makes them any better?

However, I believe that for the most part, those fighting terrorists have avoided, as much as humanly possible, harming innocents. In that, I believe we have kept our integrity.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2006 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Fight Terrorism Legally
A Friend

Fight Terrorism Legally Politics Business Civil & History

These types of arguments defy logic. By all the arguments put forth, I should say that when someone rapes someone, we should rape them. When someone molests one of our children, we should molest their children. When someone tortures and murders someone, we should torture and murder them. The problem is that all these things are inherently wrong. Terrorism, torture, and murder are wrong. By using them against terrorists, we become the terrorists and are the ones wrong as well. You can't punish wrong doing with wrong doing. How many of you heard as a child "if everyone else jumped off a bridge, would you?" I say no, I would not. Just because they secretly kidnap torture, and kill doesn't mean we will as well. If everyone endorses doing the same thing to terrorists as they do to us, then you are in fact endorsing the behavior for a cause. Its not ok for them, but ok for us because our cause is justified because they did if first? I thought we learned that lesson as children.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Fight Terrorism Legally

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,