Wife Of Al Jazeera Reporter Sues Bush

Wife Al Jazeera Reporter Sues Bush - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Jul, 2006 - 12:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2006 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Wife of Al Jazeera Reporter Sues Bush

Widow of Al Jazeera Reporter Tareq Ayyoub Filing Lawsuit Against Bush Administration for Husband's Death in 2003 U.S. Attack on Baghdad Bureau

Dima Tahboub, the widow of Al Jazeera correspondent Tareq Ayyoub is bringing a lawsuit against the Bush administration for her husband's death. He was killed in April 2003 when the US military bombed the Al Jazeera offices in Baghdad. We speak with Dima Tahboub and her attorney.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/07/12/146205

Sponsored Links:
14th Jul, 2006 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Bush Sues Reporter Jazeera Al Wife

So, how about if we turn around and sue Al-Jazeera for being a semi-official organ of terrorist groups and regimes? After all, their reporters have been shown to have joined in on "staged" attacks, where the terrorists informed Al-Jazeera when and where they were going to kill people.

If she wanted her husband to be safe, she should have kept him out of Al-Jazeera, and out of the war.

This is just another publicity stunt by the pro-terrorist lobby. IMO.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

15th Jul, 2006 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Wife Of Al Jazeera Reporter Sues Bush History & Civil Business Politics

So, how about if we turn around and sue Al-Jazeera for being a semi-official organ of terrorist groups and regimes? After all, their reporters have been shown to have joined in on "staged" attacks, where the terrorists informed Al-Jazeera when and where they were going to kill people.

Even if your statements are true, it did not give Bush or anybody else the right to purposely bomb the offices of Al Jazeera...yes, I believe it was done on purpose. I do not believe for a minute that it was an accident.

If she wanted her husband to be safe, she should have kept him out of Al-Jazeera, and out of the war.

What? What that supposed to mean? Just because her husband was a journalist and one who did not support the so called war on terror, she should have kept him out of his profession? Why? because the Big Bully is coming? I think is very unfair to say such thing.

She has the right to sue who she thinks is responsible for her husband's death.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

15th Jul, 2006 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

You're right. She has the right to sue whoever she wants, for whatever reason she wants. And I have the right to think that Al Jazeera needs to be completely destroyed, and all reporters, editors, publishers, and anyone else associated with it sent to Guantanamo Bay for the rest of their natural lives.

What evidence is there that the Al Jazeera offices were purposely destroyed, and not just collateral damage?

If she sues George W. Bush (who is not involved in the day-to-day decisions, such as individual targets) then I guess that many people in the US should start suing the president of Iran, Saddam Hussein, the leaders of Hamas and Hezbollah, and the myriad other dictators, predators, and monsters that cause so much death on an everyday basis.

But, of course, that is not what this is about. It is an attempt to drum up more media hype against GWB, while disregarding the fact that far, FAR more people in Iraq have been murdered by so-called Muslims than have died at the hands of American military.

The wife should sue Al Jazeera for its very existence. That makes much more sense than suing GWB.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

16th Jul, 2006 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

And I have the right to think that Al Jazeera needs to be completely destroyed, and all reporters, editors, publishers, and anyone else associated with it sent to Guantanamo Bay for the rest of their natural lives.

Are you serious or you are just overreacting? There are so many people I can think of that should be sent to prison but journalists? plus...in an illegal prison that needs to be closed down for good? that even Pres. Bush admitted needed to stop?

What evidence is there that the Al Jazeera offices were purposely destroyed, and not just collateral damage?

There was a leaking information that suggested that Pres. Bush talked with Blair and specifically told him he was planning to bomb Al Jazeera. If there is a serious investigation about it, we will know if there is evidence or not. Personally, I think there is some seriousness about it because the British Government threaten newspapers with prosecution under the Official Secrets Act? If it is not true, why they would threaten with such thing?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

16th Jul, 2006 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

The absolute depth of my detestation (is that a word?) for Al Jazeera and all other enablers and supporters of terrorism is indescribable. As far as I am concerned, those people and organizations shouldn't even be put in Guantanamo - they shouldn't get that far. They are every bit as bad, and as culpable, as the ones who set off car bombs in the middle of crowded markets.

So, yes, I am serious.

As for Guantanamo, I disagree with the Supreme Court. I believe that Guantanamo is too good for illegal combatants and their enablers.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jul, 2006 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Wife Al Jazeera Reporter Sues Bush

When the terrorist are flying jet liners into tall buildings in Trinidad undecided.gif and the realization that Muslim extremist, terrorist, want all Christians, Jews, and Mormons wiped from the face of the earth comes home like a clap of thunder, attitudes may change in Trinidad?

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

18th Jul, 2006 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Wife Al Jazeera Reporter Sues Bush Politics Business Civil & History

I fail to see how you bring Trinidad into this Thread? spock.gif The Thread is about a certain event and the course of action a wife has taken based on her lost. Take away our personal feelings concerning political rambling on both sides and you will see that this woman like many others is just acting out of vengeance, and probably coached to do so, it really isn't a big deal really unless the media makes it to be.

Offtopic but,
Mousetrails: In July 1990 there was a coup attempt by extremest Muslims in this country. They took over the parliament and held the PM and many ministers at gun point, they took over the national television and started a course of action where looters and scavengers burned and took advantage for six days. In other words... been there done that! Today some of these are still acting in this manner - setting off bombs and many other things. We discuss this in the T&T Board.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Wife Of Al Jazeera Reporter Sues Bush

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,