Nun Holding Condom

Nun Holding Condom - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 27th Apr, 2006 - 12:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2005 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Nun Holding Condom

Ad dropped featuring nun holding condom

Reuters - Taiwan has withdrawn an anti-AIDS campaign ad featuring a smiling nun holding a condom after it sparked an outcry from Roman Catholics, local media said on Wednesday.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...aiwan_condom_dc

Sponsored Links:
25th Aug, 2005 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

Condom Holding Nun

That ad was just plain wrong! First, as the article points out, Nuns have taken a vow of celebacy. Second, as also pointed out, the Catholic church is against condom use, and has remained steadfast in their position, even relative to the AIDS virus. Right or wrong, this is their position on the topic.

If I were Catholic, that ad would offend me!

26th Aug, 2005 - 5:15am / Post ID: #

Nun Holding Condom Catholicism Studies

Agreed. This definitely crossed the line between humor and complete distaste. Catholics I have met seem generally goodnatured about humor involving the partly-true stereotypes of nuns, priests, and Catholics in general, but this ad mocks religious doctrine, not cultural stereotype.

21st Apr, 2006 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Condom Holding Nun

Well, it seems like this Cardinal have brought some controversy with the use of condoms. We know the Catholic Church is agaisnt the use of condom under any circumnstance yet he is saying something quiet different...

From BBC News:

"One of the Roman Catholic Church's most distinguished cardinals has publicly backed the use of condoms among married couples to prevent Aids transmission.

Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini said that in couples where one had HIV/Aids, which could pass to the partner, the use of condoms was "a lesser evil".

The Vatican says condoms should never be used, even to stop Aids spreading from one married partner to another.

The Church teaches that abstinence is the best way to tackle disease...."

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/Hi/world/europe/4929962.stm

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2006 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Condom Holding Nun

VATICAN'S CONDOM MOVE WELCOMED

News that the Vatican may be about to change its stance on condom use to try to prevent the spread of Aids has been welcomed by support groups in New Zealand.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3649195a11~,00.html

26th Apr, 2006 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

Nun Holding Condom

I believe this is a step forward for Catholicism. They need to realize that condom use is not only preventing pregnancy, but also sexually transmitted diseases. It is one thing to be against other forms of birth control that are ONLY preventing pregnancy, but condoms offer two-fold protection, and should be allowed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Apr, 2006 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Nun Holding Condom

I think in this day and age, the Catholic church should be looking at accepting condoms, as Malexander pointed out, they are not just for birth control, but help spread disease.

I myself was not brought up Catholic, but my Husband was when I married him, and out of respect for his upbringing/beliefs, I wouldn't go against his Church teachings and use birth control, but it is different when you are talking about 2 married people, and somebody not in a settled relationship, who is sexually active. In my opinion, there should be a choice.

27th Apr, 2006 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

Nun Holding Condom Studies Catholicism

The only draw back for the Catholics will be this: Once you compromise one thing there will be room for others to justify other things that may be against their membership within the church. As a for instance I can already see someone saying that if we are trying to stop the spread of aids then one can use a condom to stop the spread of other diseases both imagined and true. Will this become part of the confession box now? Did you use your condom because you have aids or because you do not want children?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Nun Holding Condom

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,