What Unites The US

What Unites Us - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Aug, 2017 - 6:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
United States - USA
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

What Unites The US
A Friend

What Unites The US

So, we have discussed what's been goin on in the US for some time. Some people think this may lead to a civil war. I think we already in a type of civil war, where we are fighting for the soul of the country and the weapons are the internet and mass communication outlets. When I was growing up there was a saying that more unites us then divides us. I'm not sure that is the case any more and this worries the Hell our of me. Here is an article that lays out some of my reasons for being worried.

What Still Unites Us?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

What Unites The US
A Friend

US Unites What

The only thing that really unites us as a country right now is the fact that we are still Americans. While we are many and we are divided right now any outside force attacks us and we will come together and kick their ass. We all saw this back in September of 2001. Now we have a lot of internal strife that if people do not stop listening to the fake news and the Alt left then we may become a non nation and subject to being taken over by other stronger countries.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

What Unites The US
A Friend

What Unites The US History & Civil Business Politics

Yeah, and it seems to me many "Americans" are ashamed of our heritage. Good Lord, we aren't perfect but nothing is. We're a darn site better than most other places. So the American part seems to be fraying at the seams.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

What Unites The US
A Friend

US Unites What

This is very frightening and is the biggest danger to our country. This is a unique nation. The founders did what had never.been done before. To throw all of that away because we look at everything through the prism of 2017 is tragic.

In response to what KN said above about our country uniting against an invader I really don't know. I think that with some elements in this country they might ally with an invader if they shared their ideology. They hate this country.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 26th Aug, 2017 - 2:58pm

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

What Unites The US
A Friend

US Unites What

If some do join the invaders it will be a very small percentage and many of them would probably be those the immigrated here for the sole purpose to take us down from within. Every time invaders tried to conquer America from without were beaten back by Americans coming together. I still think this is true. Too many times has proven this.

That being said it has always been a fear of the this great nation that while we could never be conquered from without that we have always been vulnerable from within. The greatest threat to this nation is ourselves and not coming together as a nation of Americans. Remember the easiest way to conquer someone is the divide the masses and then conquer.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

What Unites The US
A Friend

What Unites The US

I've always been the most optimistic person when it comes to the US. I agree that every time in the past we've come together. But this latest bit of PC garbage is an assault on our very heritage. And now I'm less optimistic. I'm worried there is a whole generation, and maybe two generations, that doesn't understand what the US is and what it has done for the world, they just look at our imperfections.

My goodness, it's not just the Confederate statues, it's everything. They are going to change the Jefferson Memorial. He was president over 200 years ago. They were different times. Accept that he was an imperfect man living in an imperfect time struggling with hit own moral dilemmas and demons. Oh, and that he helped create this great country… and did so at great personal risk, as they all were. Had they lost the Revolution they would have all been hung.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

What Unites The US
A Friend

What Unites US

Yes this is also a product of never letting your kids fail. Now they are running around trying to change things that they feel they have a right to do because they were told they were good enough to do anything. This is the world we live in now here in the United States. It is a scary world and when they are told they are wrong or god forbid NO then they go off the deep end and this is the stuff we end up with. I think a lot of these spoiled coddled kids are members of the Alt leftist that seem to want everything their way and refuse to listen to anyone that thinks differently than they do.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

What Unites The US
A Friend

What Unites US Politics Business Civil & History

Alt left, alt right, there are too many people pulling in different directions any more. And I'm afraid all the alts are growing larger with the advent of a 24 hour news cycle that only feeds us what we want to hear rather than the truth. When it got to the point that we stopped trusting the news we were in a bad way, and it's been that way a long time for me.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What Unites The US

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,