Secondhand Smoke

Secondhand Smoke - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 8th Mar, 2008 - 3:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Is it really that bad?
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2006 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Secondhand Smoke

SURGEON GENERAL: NO SAFE LEVEL OF SECONDHAND SMOKE

Steer clear of smokers and any of their drifting fumes. That's the advice of the surgeon general, who on Tuesday declared the debate about the dangers of secondhand smoke over.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/06/27/invol...g.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
28th Jun, 2006 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Smoke Secondhand

I don't know whether it's true or not, because this is what the British government teaches, that passive smoking (breathing in other people's smoke) is far more detrimental to your health than if you sat there and smoked the cigarettes yourself!
I don't believe all that our government has to say, but if this is true, it's certainly very worrying.
Manchester next year is going to be a 'smoke free city', and from next year, people who do smoke will only be able to smoke in their own homes and nowhere else.
In my opinion, this is a good thing, I don't see why the general public's health has to suffer just because they are in the same environment as selfish smokers. (I'm not saying all smokers are selfish-- but a major number are!)

1st Jul, 2006 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Secondhand Smoke Health & Special Psychology

When I was 18 years old I decided I was old enough to smoke if I wanted to. That was a stupid decision that paid off in open heart surgery 25 years later. I tell you this because I have been there, done that. No that doesn't make me an expert, but it makes me think. If I smoked over a pack of cigarettes a day and it took me 25 years to have serious problems, how can a much smaller dose of the same poison cause immediate problems? I don't think so. My personal opinion is that the Smoking Nazis don't want you to smoke where ever you are. But these poor souls are defeating their "cigarette tax for schools" program. That's OK. It didn't work anyway.

Reconcile Edited: mousetrails on 1st Jul, 2006 - 12:56am

1st Jul, 2006 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Smoke Secondhand

Secondhand smoking is probably as bad as if you smoke yourself. My mother smoke while she was pregnant of me and I was born with some heart and breathing problems because of it. Until today, I can smell a cigarette in a long distance and I cannot take any type of smoke at all without feeling really sick and thinking I would faint.

1st Jul, 2006 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

Smoke Secondhand

I'm sorry LDS, but you are just one person. I'm talking about the general population of the world. Don't take me wrong. I wish today I had never seen a cigarette in my life. I wish the foul things had never existed. I wish my first wife had not smoked while she was carrying my three children. Thank goodness in my case my children were not harmed, but I do not like the Smoking Nazis telling me, or anyone else what to do. If a person wants to smoke I don't believe most people (you excepted) will be harmed. Want to hear something sad? I quit smoking 25 years ago, but to this day I still love the smell of a cigarette being lit.

Offtopic but,
My father drove diesel truck and on several occasions I was allowed to go along. He died over 30 years ago, but to this day the smell of cigarette smoke and diesel smoke combined brings back an instant, vivid, memory of my father, smoking!

8th Jul, 2006 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Secondhand Smoke

I'm sorry LDS, but you are just one person....

She is not just one person, my mother smoked when she was pregnant with me and I also had heart and breathing problems. I was born with a hole in my heart and undeveloped lungs and had to live in an incubator for the first few months of my life. Today the hole is closed and I still have trouble breathing at times and being around smoke makes me asperate and want to puke.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2008 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Secondhand Smoke

Smokers 'make their children ill'

United Kingdom Alder Hey hospital says bronchitis could be drastically reduced if parents stopped smoking around their children.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england...ide/7284793.stm

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2008 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Secondhand Smoke
A Friend

Secondhand Smoke Psychology Special & Health

I think second hand smoke can be harmful to others. The chemicals they add to a cigarette is bad stuff. A lot of those chemicals are in the cigarette smoke when it goes into and back out of the smokers lungs. Granted some stays in the smokers lungs but it is also released into the air. They say smoking is a choice. Well keep your smoke to yourself then because I made the choice not to smoke anymore. I do not need to have your smoke in my face. IF smoking is a choice who is making the decision for the children of parents who smoke. I did not here that baby or that 3 year old ask to smoke. I guess the smoker made that choice for them too.

I think smoking should be banned. IF you want to smoke get yourself a smoking hut and go pollute your own lungs but leave mine and those like me alone. We do need out lungs filled with your smoke.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Secondhand Smoke

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,