Phone Impairs Drivers - Page 2 of 3

California bans teens from driving with cell - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 14th Sep, 2007 - 4:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
People who talk on cell phones while they drive are as impaired as drunken drivers - do you agree?
16th Apr, 2007 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Phone Impairs Drivers - Page 2

I agree with Diane that it depends a lot on the person using the phone. A person who uses their phone to "chit chat" (with the eyes rolling and head bobbing) is focusing most of their attention on their telephone conversation, thus are being unsafe. I think it is also unsafe to dial a number while driving, because eyes are taken off the road. To be honest, however, I have done this on occasion but I don't do it often. I will answer my cell phone and relate or hear necessary information, and then will end my conversation. It's a matter of understanding how important it is to be as careful as possible while on the road. However, I feel that most people don't grasp this concept so I would not be opposed to a law prohibiting cell phone use on the road. It might also save quite a lot of minutes.

Sponsored Links:
19th Apr, 2007 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

Drivers Impairs Phone

There is a great difference between a drunken driver and someone talking on a cellular phone and driving. When an individual is drunk, this weakens his co-ordination and reflex action and therefore, he is unable to manoeuvre the car properly. On the other hand, if a person is talking on a cellular phone, he is not impaired like the drunken driver. The person's mind is clearer, more focused and not slow like the drunken driver.

Some individuals know how to concentrate on the road and talk on the cell at the same time. However, this is a skill that is not mastered by all drivers. There is a certain amount of risk involved if the conversation becomes very intense over the cell, then there is a possibility of the driver becoming so distracted that, he may "forget" to focus on the cars ahead of him. But as DianeC mentioned, it all depends on the individual.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2007 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Phone Impairs Drivers
A Friend

Phone Impairs Drivers Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

The distraction is not really talking on the phone - but it is taking your eyes away from the road to dial a number..or to find the phone...Talking on the phone is the same as talking to someone in the car.

19th Apr, 2007 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Drivers Impairs Phone

QUOTE (Raya)
Talking on the phone is the same as talking to someone in the car.

Not if you have one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding the phone to your ear.

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2007 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Phone Impairs Drivers
A Friend

Drivers Impairs Phone

Well ,though we do have a mixed opinion here but frankly speaking I don't think that talking on the phone is such a good idea. Already there are so many distractions present on the road, I really don't think you need to add another.

14th Sep, 2007 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

Phone Impairs Drivers

Although this particular thread explores the danger of talking on a cellular phone and driving, I thought it would be appropriate to introduce another dangerous trend concerning the use of a cell phone: that is, texting and driving.

Nowadays, texting and driving is considered a very popular hobby or even a norm, for young people. Unfortunately, many individuals fail to recognize how dangerous it is, to have one hand on the steering wheel and the other hand texting on the cellular phone. A person will concentrate while texting and it takes only a few seconds to lose control of a vehicle, when someone takes his eyes off the road.

The sixth season premiere of the Dr Phil show focused on a seventeen year old girl called Chelsea and her dangerous hobby of texting and driving. This teenager is very confident that nothing will ever happen to her, since she considers herself to be very proficient in texting and driving. Dr Phil tries to warn her about the dangers of texting and driving, by giving examples of how many tragic accidents occurred ending in death, when people chose to read or send a text, while driving. Dr Phil even invited a seventeen year old boy named Patrick Sims, to share his story with Chelsea. Patrick chose to stop texting and driving, after he was responsible for the death of a sixty three year old cyclist. Here are more details on these stories:

https://www.drphil.com/shows/show/928

Click on Out of Control Hobby - to read Chelsea's story.

Click on A Deadly Message - to read Patrick Sims' story.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 3:44am / Post ID: #

Phone Impairs Drivers
A Friend

Phone Impairs Drivers - Page 2

Not that is an excellent story. I know this is becoming a bigger issue, and, yes, I've found myself doing this at times on a stretch of interstate when I feel "safe."

But it's wrong, and I know it.

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2007 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Phone Impairs Drivers
A Friend

Phone Impairs Drivers Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

California bans teens from driving with cell phones and IMing

As of July 1, all California drivers under 18 are prohibited from using a cell phone or ANY wireless device except for an emergency.

https://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories...s14.5ca51e.html

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Phone Impairs Drivers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,