Do You Get Along Well With Your Boss?

Do Boss - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Jul, 2006 - 11:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: How well do you get along with your boss?
  We are like buddies       57.14%
  We are great associates       0.00%
  We keep neutral understanding       28.57%
  We try to stay out of each other's way       14.29%
  I am ready to quit       0.00%
Total Votes: 7
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Post Date: 25th May, 2005 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Answer the poll above and say why you chose the answer you did. You may also wish to add if you think the relationship is that way because of you / your boss or both.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th May, 2005 - 8:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Boss Your Well Get Do

My boss is a great guy to work for and to be friends with. I took my kids to his kids birthday party and vice versa. I work five twelve hour shifts in a row and end up spending more time with him than my own family for five days at a time so after three years, we have gotten really close. He has already told me that when he leaves and goes somewhere else, he wants to take me with him. On top of that, he takes me to a couple football games a year, he has season passes.

27th May, 2005 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Do You Get Along Well With Your Boss? History & Civil Business Politics

My boss is ok but when she is under pressure she can really put you off. She may need an extra curricular activity to help balance her life a bit then may be she can give us little people a break...but it was actually her that hired me .....

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 3 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.3%

27th May, 2005 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Boss Your Well Get Do

I just got a new manager about 2 months ago. He is very different from my former manager, who I had for 3 years, and grew very close too. The management styles are quite different, and I am slowly getting used to this. I did feel that my former manager had more of a plan for me as an individual with regards to promotions, etc, and my current manager is more focused on getting the job done, but not much more. As for getting along, he is very laid back and easy to approach. He is the kind of person you can go fishing with, or go to a ball-game with, while my previous manager; I only saw him during work. Sometimes there is a fine line between being someone's manager and being someone's friend, and I wonder if that line should ever be crossed. I've had 3 managers at this company so far, and each has been different. Relating to one's manager is certainly a task that should not be taken lightly.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

27th May, 2005 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Boss Your Well Get Do

Yes I wonder about the fine line between friend and boss and whether it should ever be crossed. They say you should never work with family and close friends maybe this can be seen in the same light. I had a boss that would buy everyone lunch whenever wi went over our quota and on special ocassions would invite everyone's families for a picnic by the beach or out at the park by work. I have had a very laid back boss that he let us do anything and would pay for group cruises for professional development!

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 3 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.3%

7th Jul, 2006 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

My boss is more like a friend to me, and vice versa, we get along really well. I had only been working at her home for about 15 weeks when her Husband died suddenly aged 45 of a massive heart attack, so we both had to work closely together for the sake of her 2 young children who at the time were only 2 years old, and the baby had just turned 1 the week before.
It has been a difficult time of adjustment for her, but she seems to have come through the worst of it over the last 15 months.

When she is working from home, she takes me out for lunch, and every week we alternate, to buy a cream cake. One week it is her turn, and the next it is mine.

I know that I will probably never be fortunate enough to ever have a boss as great as she is again, I know from past experience that there are some really lousy bosses out there!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jul, 2006 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Do Get Well Your Boss

In my new job, my immediate supervisor is wonderful. She and I have so much in common and we laugh so much. I think that we'd be terrific friends. She also knows when to be the "boss," which I think is excellent. My best friend now, happens to have been a "boss" of mine from a long while back. I'm taking her home to Ireland with me at the end of August, even.

7th Jul, 2006 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Do Get Well Your Boss Politics Business Civil & History

I get along with my boss very well for two reasons:

1. He's not in it for the money as much as something to do.
2. He's my uncle.

My other boss is, well, me.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Do You Get Along Well With Your Boss?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,