Lds Sister Missionaries Attacked In South Africa - Page 2 of 2

Name: Sarah Comments: I am not surprised the - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Dec, 2008 - 6:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
6th Jul, 2006 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

Lds Sister Missionaries Attacked In South Africa - Page 2

Worse and worse. Personally, I'm not sure it would be my choice to stay on and complete the mission, but I've learned that many women find deeper wells of courage and fortitude after a rape. If that truly is their decision, my heart rejoices in their willingness to serve the Lord and defy evil, while at the same time my heart aches for them and their families. I pray that they will recover and not contract AIDS or become pregnant~ that's just rubbing salt in the wound.

Sponsored Links:
10th Jul, 2006 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Africa South Attacked Missionaries Sister Lds

An update on the situation of these sisters:

As for the hospitalized missionaries; they at first said they wanted to complete their missions, but now they say they are taking it a day at a time.

The LDS Church issued only one statement on the crime, saying:

"The church makes every effort to ensure missionaries are well informed about the areas where they serve."

23rd Aug, 2006 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

Lds Sister Missionaries Attacked In South Africa Studies Doctrine Mormon

I have not heard any updates on this case. I wonder why the Church would send sister missionaries to such a dangerous area. According to the CNN in South Africa a woman is raped every 36 seconds.

https://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9910/22/safrica.rape/ seconds.

26th Jan, 2007 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Africa South Attacked Missionaries Sister Lds

An update on this case. Most of their perpetrators are young men, as young as 19. The sister missionaries cannot return to the area because of trauma.

A 19-year-old man was convicted on Friday of raping two Mormon missionary sisters, admitting that although he raped each victim only once he was also guilty of the rapes perpetrated by three other members of his gang.

Judge Ron McLaren, sitting in the Pietermaritzburg High Court, convicted Lendelani Luthuli of 16 crimes committed at Port Shepstone on June 30 last year after Luthuli pleaded guilty to all 16 of 17 charges.

His erstwhile three co-accused pleaded not guilty to all 17 charges levelled against them and McLaren ordered their trial to be separated from that of Luthuli.

Luthuli was acquitted of a charge of attempting to murder one of the missionaries, who was shot in the body when she resisted a rapist.

Luthuli said that he did not try to kill her.

The State alleges, and Luthuli accepted, that each of the gang of four was guilty of rapes perpetrated by other members of the gang, making each guilty of eight counts of rape. The State avers that each was guilty of all eight counts of rapes as each kept watch during each rape, each remained nearby while the rapes were being perpetrated, and each prevented resistance or escape by the victims...

22nd May, 2007 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Africa South Attacked Missionaries Sister Lds

An expected twist on this case. I really hope Justice is served at the end but it seems like is going to take long.

Ramsgate - A man who earlier pleaded guilty to taking part in the gang rape of two foreign Mormon missionaries changed his plea to not guilty on Monday.

The man claimed he had no knowledge of the charges against him and demanded new legal representation.

He was to have been sentenced on Monday.

Earlier this year in the Pietermaritzburg High Court, Lindani Luthuli pleaded guilty to two counts of rape, seven counts of robbery with aggravating circumstances, attempted murder, and unlawful possession of a firearm.

He had pleaded not guilty to attempting to murder one of the missionaries before she was raped...

Post Date: 9th Dec, 2008 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Lds Sister Missionaries Attacked In South Africa

Name: Sarah

Comments: I am not surprised the sisters decided to continue serving their mission. The church is not going to force them to do anything, and I'm sure there was lots of prayer involved in coming to that decision by those women and those whose care they are under.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Lds Sister Missionaries Attacked In South Africa

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,