The Power Saw Man

The Power Man - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Jul, 2006 - 11:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

What would you have done?
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2006 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Power Saw Man

SUBWAY RIDER ATTACKED WITH POWER SAWS

A man went on a rampage in the New York City subway Thursday, terrorizing riders with two battery-powered saws and critically wounding a 64-year-old man, police said.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/06/subway.rampage/index.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2006 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

The Power Saw Man
A Friend

Man Power The

What would I do if I was attacked with a power saw? I would find the biggest, strongest piece of non-sawable material I could to defend myself, then go on the offensive. Its much easier to attack than defend, I would go after him for my own safety. It would need to be something metal and large. Or, a nice heavy brief case would work well put up side his head with significant force.

8th Jul, 2006 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

The Power Saw Man History & Civil Business Politics

...strongest piece of non-sawable material I could to defend myself...

Keep in mind that this happened in the subway, and the only material I could think that is not 'sawable' would be metal and heavy clothing (mostly because it jams the chains). As for myself, I really do not know what to do save for using a surprise tactic where each person would have to aim for a hand carrying the chainsaw.

I have not read the story, but how did he get something so large on the subway train in the first place?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2006 - 4:38am / Post ID: #

The Power Saw Man
A Friend

Man Power The

Obviously he was wearing very baggy pants JB! laugh.gif
Just Kidding!

I asked that myself when reading the article but don't have an answer. On a subway, getting something to stop a saw would be very difficult, but almost anything heavy should work. Brief case, seat cushion, any of those should be heavy enough to knock him out of it for a second or two. Anything is better than just waiting to get sawed up! Yikes!

9th Jul, 2006 - 11:47am / Post ID: #

Man Power The

In these situations you really count on vigilantes, those that do not just stand up in shock, but act, and act with you to bring the criminal down. Most people become apprehensive, because they are unsure if they will get the back-up necessary.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: The Power Saw Man

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,