Iraq Military

Iraq Military - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Dec, 2013 - 10:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Iraqi Army
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2008 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Iraq Military

Iraq's Military

The report from Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction Stuart Bowen analyzed the Iraqi security forces as part of a review of the Pentagon's quarterly Iraq progress reports to Congress. Relying on Iraqi government figures, the latest such update in March says about 530,000 people are on the Iraqi security forces' payroll.

However, a "Substantial number" Of people on the payrolls of the Iraqi police and military have been killed or wounded, are on leave or never showed up for work, the inspector general's report says.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/20...p=DailyBriefing

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2008 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Iraq Military
A Friend

Military Iraq

I wonder how long the "killed" people are going to be on the payroll? I guess that would be a family members dream to have you gone but still pulling in a pay check. I wonder if I can get a job where I do not have to be there to get a pay check. smile.gif

25th Apr, 2008 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Iraq Military History & Civil Business Politics

Well KNtoran you could become a politician!

Could the lack of effort in removing the names be a ploy to make the strength of the force look better? After all how much would they actually be paying out that they should not.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

27th Apr, 2008 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

Military Iraq

The whole dang Iraqi system is corrupt from top man to the man on the streets, nothing the US can do there.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2009 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Military Iraq

Fact or fiction?
Pentagon report: 90 percent of Iraq Army not self-sufficient:

Despite five years of training and equipping, the Iraqi military is still heavily dependent on U.S. Operational support.
Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2009 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Iraq Military
A Friend

Iraq Military

I believe the way to make the Iraq army strong and self sufficient is for the US troops to leave the country. The mother bird has to push the youngster out of the nest sooner or later.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Jan, 2009 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Iraq Military

Very true then it is sink or swim and if they start drowning a life line can always be tossed out again. I bet they would do fine though.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2013 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Iraq Military Politics Business Civil & History

Iraqi general among 24 killed in attack:

Twenty-four Iraqi military personnel, including a senior commander, have been killed in an attack in western Iraq, according to police. Ref. Source 9

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Iraq Military

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,