Ashamed Of Your Cooking?

Ashamed Cooking - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 9th Jul, 2006 - 4:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2006 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

Ashamed Of Your Cooking?

Ashamed of Your Cooking?

Have you ever been ashamed of your cooking even though those that eat it seem to enjoy what you make?

Sponsored Links:
8th Jul, 2006 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Cooking Your Ashamed

I don't think I have ever been ashamed of my cooking if others truly enjoyed it, however if a dish didn't turn out the way that it was supposed to, or I knew it wasn't as good as it could be, then I might be disappointed.

9th Jul, 2006 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Ashamed Of Your Cooking? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I'm not ashamed of my cooking any more, I used to be when I was a teenager doing cookery lessons at school. I used to be the classes standing joke, as everything I made turned out wrong!

Once, we had to make sausage rolls (sausages in puff pastry), and someone through one of mine up to the class ceiling, and it stuck!
It was so rock hard, the janitor couldn't scrape it off, so eventually they painted over it, and I was never let to forget it! I didn't let it upset me, I took it with the fun intended.

Next up, was the beef casserole, and the potatoes in it hadn't cooked, so my family ended up not being able to eat it.

Then.. there was the apple crumble, which I didn't realize had to have the core taken out before cooking, so we ended up eating it complete with apple core and apple pips! laugh.gif

I eventually decided that enough was enough, so I self taught myself from books, and at the same time grew a large library of cookery books. I found that half the problem learning to cook at school, was that they rushed you, and you always had a time limit to adhere to, which in turn made me panic and everything would end up wrong.

These days, cooking is a pleasure, I take my time, set everything out first, and now rarely have a problem, which in turn makes it more enjoyable all round.

> TOPIC: Ashamed Of Your Cooking?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,