Bitcoins - Page 2 of 6

U.S. Marshals Service to auction off $18 - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 13th Jun, 2014 - 1:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Top  Bitcoins
22nd Mar, 2014 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

Bitcoins - Page 2

Vincenzo, are you sure about that? I thought there was supposed to be gold that is secured to be used as exchange for the dollar amount. Maybe gold is used by bitcoins but I think the main concern here is the tangibility because unlike dollars it can't just go missing or be in a wallet. rolleyes.gif

Sponsored Links:
23rd Mar, 2014 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Bitcoins

Actually, Bitcoin is not backed by anything. There are new alternatives that are being created that are backed by gold/silver to rival the Bitcoin. Bitcoin generates it value by controlling the amount of Bitcoin on the open market and watching the demand for the product. If you were on the ground floor, you would have realized profits of over 100x of your original investment. I think right now, that people are using this currency to avoid some taxation and other fees not to mention profit.

Http://pricedingold.com/bitcoin/
Http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2013/04/11/bitcoin-or-gold-which-is-more-fiat-proof/

So for Bitcoin users, it is basically a faith based backing that keep Bitcoin afloat, along with controls of the quantity available on the market. What I don't fully understand is how it is digital. Seeing as though hackers can break into anything these days, I would be concerned that someone could steal Bitcoins - virtually or create fake Bitcoins - virtually. If you play with the quantities on the market or better yet, if people hear that their holding of Bitcoins is being diminished by fake Bitcoins, the value will be even more volital than today. Not to mention, all the governments are going to figure out how to get their beaks wet in that profit stream if it continues.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 23rd Mar, 2014 - 1:45am

24th Mar, 2014 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

Bitcoins Gaming Video & Issues Computer

international QUOTE
So for Bitcoin users, it is basically a faith based backing that keep Bitcoin afloat, along with controls of the quantity available on the market

That's what I thought and considering the abilities of hackers from anywhere to disrupt companies, websites and organizations I don't see why anyone would buy into this. In fact I'm amazed it got as far as it did.

24th Mar, 2014 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Bitcoins

I am pretty sure it is the alure of avoiding taxes and the trade is basically non-traceable. Additionally, they have said that have a target of maximum units to be generated, so people know how close to the end quantity is out there...it kind of makes it special and more desireable knowing that there are only so many Bitcoins to be made.

24th Mar, 2014 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Bitcoins

international QUOTE
...and the trade is basically non-traceable.

I don't know, the NSA probably has a direct line with the IRS for this sort of thing. And for those who want to avoid taxes, if that is the incentive, then they will stand to lose a lot more.

25th Mar, 2014 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

Bitcoins

The IRS has decided to decisively get involved. This is the end of any kind of tax evasion for the Bitcoin industry:

international QUOTE
IRS: Bitcoin should be treated as property not currency for tax purposes

The Internal Revenue Service says tax principles that apply to property transactions will also apply to transactions using virtual currency. Ref. USAToday

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2014 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Bitcoins - Page 2

Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox to liquidate, Tokyo court rules

The digital currency exchange collapsed earlier this year after $425 million worth of its customers' digital currency disappeared. Ref. USAToday

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2014 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Bitcoins Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

U.S. Marshals Service to auction off $18 million in bitcoins

The virtual currency was seized from the Silk Road website. Ref. Source 6

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Bitcoins

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,