Typical Christmas Meal

Typical Christmas Meal - Christmas - Posted: 27th Sep, 2007 - 9:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Discuss  Typical Christmas Meal Christmas Dinner Ideas
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2004 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Typical Christmas Meal

What do you typically eat and drink on Christmas Day or Eve as the case may be?

Typical Christmas Meal
Typical Christmas Meal (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
15th Dec, 2004 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Meal Christmas Typical

The usual turkey and ham. It depends in which country I am. I spent Christmas in Argentina, USA and Trinidad. In Argentina a typical Christmas meal is a roasted piglet. In the USA, same than here in Trinidad, here they also have 'pastels' made of corn meal and meat inside and 'black' cake which I am not very crazy about.

26th Dec, 2004 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

Typical Christmas Meal Christmas

My family has traditionally prepared lasagne for Christmas for about 20 years. This started when my sisters and I were all young-married-moms. Our mother wanted us home for the holidays, and she would have our celebration on the Saturday after (or before) Christmas so that we could go to our in-laws on the actual holiday. Since all that turkey and ham was kind of too much, she decided to do something different one year, and it has stuck. And, by the way, it's delicious, and a delightful change. Christmas Eve, we had lasagne, garlic toast, and a fresh tossed salad. Yum!

In addition, yesterday we visited with a relative who is married to a Dane. He prepared a traditional dish of roasted pork and what he called "galvanized" potatoes (fried in nothing but white sugar -- sounds weird, but it tasted delicious).

Roz

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 26th Dec, 2004 - 9:39pm

26th Dec, 2004 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Meal Christmas Typical

A typical Christmas meal with my family is baked ham, green-bean casserole, mashed potatoes and a pineapple dish that is a specialty of my mother-in-law's. No special drink; we sometimes have eggnog, but not all the time.

4th Dec, 2006 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

Meal Christmas Typical

We did not have a turkey last year (our fridge is very small) but this year we decided to have it, we will probably cook it and then cut it to fit in the fridge, I have a crave for it and Felipe keeps asking me about it. By the other hand, JB loves ham (is such a great thing for leftovers, you can make sandwiches, bacon, etc).

Post Date: 24th Dec, 2006 - 4:48am / Post ID: #

Typical Christmas Meal
A Friend

Typical Christmas Meal

About 10 years back, my wife and I decided to try Prime Rib for a Christmas dinner. It was so delicious we've never gone back to the ham or turkey we used to have. I wouldn't recommend it if you are on a tight budget or have a large family, however. This year's slab of beef set us back more than $100! undecided.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Sep, 2007 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Typical Christmas Meal

On Christmas day, my spouse and I enjoy eating ham, turkey, pastelles, home made stuffing, scallop potatoes or white rice, and pigeon peas. Our favourite drink to toast the occasion? Homemade sorrel of course!

27th Sep, 2007 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Typical Christmas Meal Christmas

Geenie, that sounds delicious! I look forward to your recipes for home-made stuffing and scallop potatoes in the recipe section. (I never seem to get the potatoes right).

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Typical Christmas Meal

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,