Does He Need A Cape?

Does Cape - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 25th Jul, 2008 - 6:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2006 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Does He Need A Cape?

Does He Need A Cape?

Does Superman actually need his cape to fly?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2006 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Does He Need A Cape?
A Friend

Cape Need Does

Why would Superman need a cape to fly? Its all about style, capes look good on super heros. In fact, back when he was created, capes were very common and became cliche so he had to have one. Many characters do not have a cape now. But the cape just looks so darn dashing in the wind doesn't it?

21st Jul, 2006 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

Does He Need A Cape? Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Doesn't he also use it as a scout would use his neck tie / rope?

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2006 - 8:40am / Post ID: #

Does He Need A Cape?
A Friend

Cape Need Does

Don't know, in scouts I always thought it was just decoration. If the silly scout neckerchief actually has a purpose, perhaps his cape does have the same. Do you know what the necktie is for in scouts?

21st Jul, 2006 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

Cape Need Does

In scouts a neck tie can be used as a brace for a broken leg together with wooden sticks, a sling for a broken arm, a head band or a bag to carry things. Similar to this Superman's cape is used to carry or catch in the case where he cannot be in two places at once. For instance in one comic I saw him take his cape and stretch it between two buildings to catch people falling from above while he went off to fight the bad guy. Apparently his cape has the same bullet-proof like qualities that he has.

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2006 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Does He Need A Cape?
A Friend

Does He Need A Cape?

The cape was originally made from his blanket that he was wrapped in when he arrived in his space ship.

In early continuity, Superman's cape was just like him... invunerable. So when his own powers were negated by kryptonite, the cape saved his life by preventing a bullet from entering his skin. (blue kryptonite negates the cape's abilities). He also used the cape to protect people when he flew them about at high speeds.

In the current continuity, Superman's invunerability is a "force field" and his cape is just normal fabric. With this version, clothings which is tight against his skin is protected by that field. Now, more serious comic authors show Superman's cape being shredded in intense fighting. Others kind of let this detail slip and just draw the cape intact after he is hit with "massively damaging attacks".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jul, 2008 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Does Need Cape

I didn't know there was so much to Superman's cape, so is it normal cloth now or does it have his abilities as well.

25th Jul, 2008 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Does Need Cape Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews

As mentioned it was originally indestructible as it came from his home planet in manufacturing. I remember him using it to shield him self from rays and stuff whe I was a child.

Like originally he could not fly just leap tall building I think. I guess then the cape would also have helped him stabilize in the air or even glide.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 25th Jul, 2008 - 6:17pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Does He Need A Cape?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,