Christian Smacking Manual

Christian Smacking Manual - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 16th Sep, 2006 - 7:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Is this child abuse?
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2006 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

CHRISTIAN SMACKING MANUAL

ROW OVER CHRISTIAN SMACKING MANUAL

A Christian group urging parents to smack their children, using discipline sessions lasting up to 15 minutes, has been accused of promoting what amounts to child abuse.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3736210a10~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2006 - 8:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Manual Smacking Christian

I won't start with the obvious insanity of all of this. So I will comment on three particular paragraphs that made me want to smack these over zealous child abusers.

Parents are told that smacking can be a "10-to-15-minute process" and that if a child reacts angrily, such as by slamming doors or "pouting", they should be smacked again.

A 10-15 process? I can't think of a single instance in which 15 minutes of any physical punishment would be necessary.

"Smacking is meant to drive the foolishness, the sinful manifestations, out of the child's personality so that they do not become permanent fixtures," it says.

The sinful manifestations out of a child? Children are innocent and their "sinful" manifestations are situations for learning and teaching, not abuse and submission! It seems like they are more interested in breaking the child then teaching them which is the purpose of discipline.

Smacking is justified because children younger than age eight "do not think straight" and lack a developed sense of fair play and duty. 

Ah yes, they are too young to truly understand most rules and regulations so just beat them down so they learn! What argument are they really trying to make, they don't understand yet so smacking is justified? Are they mentally deficient or just truly blinded to ignorance to what this does to a child? Smacking?

You know what, since this is obviously driven by crazy religious fundamentalists, then they need to truly follow what the Bible says and not some ridiculous made up junk that allows them to take their anger out on their kids! Be a real man and drag him to the edge of the city and stone him to death!

Deuteronomy 21

18"If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will (L)not obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them,

19then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gateway of his hometown.

20"They shall say to the elders of his city, 'This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.'

21"(M)Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so (N)you shall remove the evil from your midst, and (O)all Israel will hear of it and fear. 

And before you mention that he was a glutton and a drunkard, not just rebellious, it said to drag him to the edge of the city when he wouldn't obey. So he must be young enough to discipline. So lets all start following the Bible for real, don't just obey parts of the old testament law you think is good like against men who lie with men, lets all just go the entire distance and give those kids what they have coming to them!

Why not? Because they aren't following the bible, but their own warped sense of punishment that allows them to take their anger out on their kids. Just sick!

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2006 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Christian Smacking Manual Revealed Bible The

I myself was what you people called "smacked" as a child in order to be kept in line. If anything, it worked, and I would have ended up as a spoiled little brat if I wasn't. I frown upon the fact that they say that you should spank not smack the child for ten to fifteen minutes- but only because it brings back not so pleasant childhood memories. I support their doing this though, because it works and it should be done. Children who are spanked generally end up well-behaved, and children who are yelled at/grounded usually just end up as a froward, dissolute rebel.

> TOPIC: Christian Smacking Manual

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,