Veganism - Vegan - Page 3 of 5

There are a few interesting quotes by Plutarch - Page 3 - Health, Diet, Medical News - Posted: 10th Mar, 2016 - 11:48pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 2 52 109 Why Join Help
Support Future Terra II Project
+  1 2 3 4 5 
Discuss  Veganism,Vegan This is a general Thread about Vegetarians and Vegans - other Threads are country specific.
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2015 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 17,365
Avg: 3.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 95.8%
[+] Gain: 1,205.41 FP
Charm: 334

Veganism - Vegan - Page 3

Learning things

Today it marked a week since I started a plant-based diet and I am learning a lot about my body and its functions. One thing I learned today is never ever skip meals or eat late because it might have some serious consequences. I was too busy today at work to eat my snacks and I ate lunch late and caused me to feel very weak because I did not eat properly.

Of course, because of that the body started craving all the wrong foods but I think once I am satisfied my body does not crave the wrong things so I need to ensure to always snack and have things to eat so I don't starve. I will try to keep on this as long as I am able. I really do want to do it and try my very best.

For breakfast I had some pita bread with some peanut butter and peppermint tea. For break I have grapes and granola and for lunch I had a vegan pizza with a lettuce, cucumber and tomato salad.

Medical Level: Doctor / Health Participation: 355 VirusDiseaseDoctor 35.5%

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2015 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,919
Avg: 8.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,132.97 FP
Charm: 335

Vegan Veganism

About a couple of weeks ago I stopped eating any commercial food outside. My eating lifestyle has changed drastically to cope with my living. Over the last few years I have:

* Stopped consuming all dairy
* Stopped eating all processed sugars
* Stopped eating all flour on a regular basis
* Stopped eating any food not made by my own hand

I am physically still adjusting to the changes but one thing is for sure - I do not become ill. For those saying that veganism has a lack of so many things I do supplement my diet with the following:

* Multivitamin
* Nutritional and Brewer's yeast

It is also important to understand that NOT every vegan is the same. Someone can be vegan and eat hydrogenated oils, breads and candy - these are the ones that you see ending up unhealthy and / or suffering from a heart attack. The public should not confuse the varying types of vegans out there.

Medical Level: Hospital CEO / Health Participation: 828 VirusDiseaseHospital CEO 82.8%

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2015 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle

Veganism - Vegan News Medical & Diet Health

For the past few days, I cut off dairy and meat from my diet. I have tried unsuccessfully to do this in the past several times while being quite hooked to cheese. But for a few weeks now, I stopped craving cheese to the point that I was not consuming it at all and I thought perhaps it was now the right time.

I feel more hungry than before so I need to ensure I have the things I need to snack and eat. Yesterday I had a big salad for dinner with cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes and corn but digested so fast that I ended up eating a big bowl of soup later at night with some toast.

So feeling very confident at the moment that this is going to work out for me now.

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2015 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle

Page 3 Vegan Veganism

Can anyone knowledgeable explain to me why every time I try a vegetarian or a vegan diet I get massive headaches ALL day long? And I eat well, not skipping any meals, etc. I have been trying this many, many times and it is always the SAME issue to the point that the headaches do not allow me to focus or think properly. But when I go back to a normal diet, the headaches are completely gone. Please help!

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2016 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle

Vegan Veganism

A thought came to my mind and I went and researched about it and I would like to know your views.

We know there are different types of vegans: The ones who do it for health reasons and the ones who do it for ethical reasons and a third, the ones who do it for both.

If I google "Vegan" and there is a definition, this is the first one I see:

Attached Image QUOTE
a person who does not eat or use animal products.

If someone abstains from meats and dairy and is doing it solely for health, should they be called vegans or plant-based eaters?

I know lately, in order to make veganism more palatable to the masses they use the word vegan and plant-based interchangeably but is it veganism about what you consume as food only or goes beyond and it's about any animal consumption including clothing etc?

I know ethical vegans are turned off when they hear people who do it for health, refer themselves as "Vegan" because veganism is a lifestyle that goes beyond diet.

Thoughts?

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2016 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,919
Avg: 8.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,132.97 FP
Charm: 335

Veganism - Vegan

Donald Watson coined the term "Vegan" and its first interpretation to what it stands for now has evolved and will probably continue to do so for years to come. While my main reason is health my secondary reason is ethical. As a man, I think the use of animal products outside the realm of food is less of a concern for me that a woman who uses makeup and clothing that may have come from animals. Additionally, I do not put animals before human life so will not become fanatical like PETA, etc. Therefore, regardless of what others may think, "Vegan" for me still remains as a person who consumes nothing from animals.

Medical Level: Hospital CEO / Health Participation: 828 VirusDiseaseHospital CEO 82.8%

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2016 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle

Page 3 Veganism Vegan

Attached Image QUOTE
Therefore, regardless of what others may think, "Vegan" for me still remains as a person who consumes nothing from animals.

Consumption isn't exclusively to diet. Hence, the term "Vegan" seems to encompass consumption at all levels.

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2016 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle

Veganism Vegan - Page 3

There are a few interesting quotes by Plutarch on eating animal flesh, there is also mention of Pythagoras and abstaining from meat in the same essay:

Attached Image QUOTE
We declare, then, that it is absurd for them to say that the practise of flesh-eating is based on nature. For that man is not naturally carnivorous is, in the first place, obvious from the structure of his body.

A man's frame is in no way similar to those creatures who were made for flesh-eating; he has no hooked beak or sharp nails or jagged teeth, no strong stomach or warmth of vital fluids able to digest and assimilate a heavy diet of flesh.

It is from the very fact, the evenness of our teeth, the smallness of our mouths, the softness of our tongues, our possession of vital fluids too inert to digest meat that nature disavows our eating of flesh.

If you declare that you are naturally designed for such a diet, than first kill for yourself what you want to eat. Do, it however, only through your own resources, unaided by cleaver or cudgel of any kind or axe.

Rather, just as wolves and bears and lions themselves slay what they eat, so you are to fell an ox with your fangs or a boar with your jaws, or tear a lamb or hare in bits. Fall upon it and eat it still living, as animals do. But if you wait for what you eat to be dead, if you have qualms about enjoying the flesh while life is still present, why do you continue, contrary to nature, to eat what possesses life?

Even when it is lifeless and dead, however, no one eats the flesh just as it is; men boil it and roast it, altering it by fire and drugs, recasting and diverting and smothering with countless condiments the taste of gore so that the palate may be deceived and accept what is foreign to it.
Source 3x

Guest please SHARE: "Veganism - Vegan" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Sponsored Links:

To go deeper into this Topic ensure to Search unique terms for: Veganism - Vegan
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Veganism - Vegan

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

Country (State) of the Day

Turkmenistan

Country of the day Turkmenistan

Unanswered Threads for Turkmenistan, which is the Country or State of the Day! Bonus FP & Charm for these Topics. See Here. Updated: Every hour.

Highlights

Crowdfunding For Future Terra II: Future Terra Donations
We need Backers! We have: $36 of $1,500 (We need $3,000 total)
Raising funds for the Future Terra II Science Fiction Text RPG through Donations. This was started in August, 2018.
Our Current Backers:
Anronrosby - $24
Stacia - $12

By JB 3.9 Days Ago Discuss It!
Russia vs USA: Russia Tactics versus U.S.A. Vs Russia Russia: 'The Evil Empire'? Are they all that bad or is it just the USA trying to portray Russia as bad because they are a world power with land bigger and a society very different from the USA ideal? By News 1 Week Ago Discuss It!
Donald Trump: Donald Trump President of the United States of America - Real Estate mogul, Pageant owner and now nominee for President of the USA? By Pagan 1 Week Ago Discuss It!
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: global warming Global warming has been in and out as the "latest" hot topic for many years. It is, according to modern scientists, the result of man-made industrial pollutants, clearing forested areas, agriculture, etc. But now they are thinking it started way before the Industrial Revolution... By News 31st Jul, 2018 - 6:51pm Discuss It!
Your View On The Nature Of Interests: By News 4th Jul, 2018 - 7:30pm Discuss It!
The Trump Immigration Wall: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By News 2nd Jun, 2018 - 12:21am Discuss It!
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By KNtoran 7th Feb, 2018 - 12:03am Discuss It!
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm Discuss It!
Wide Screen Columns: Best of  Wide Screen Columns Users with wide screen monitors can benefit from more content on every page. By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am Discuss It!
Offensive Trademarks: Best of  Offensive Trademarks By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm Discuss It!

Updated every: 14 minutes