Veganism - Vegan - Page 3 of 6

There are a few interesting quotes by Plutarch - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 10th Mar, 2016 - 11:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Discuss  Veganism,Vegan This is a general Thread about Vegetarians and Vegans - other Threads are country specific.
30th Jun, 2015 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Veganism - Vegan - Page 3

Learning things

Today it marked a week since I started a plant-based diet and I am learning a lot about my body and its functions. One thing I learned today is never ever skip meals or eat late because it might have some serious consequences. I was too busy today at work to eat my snacks and I ate lunch late and caused me to feel very weak because I did not eat properly.

Of course, because of that the body started craving all the wrong foods but I think once I am satisfied my body does not crave the wrong things so I need to ensure to always snack and have things to eat so I don't starve. I will try to keep on this as long as I am able. I really do want to do it and try my very best.

For breakfast I had some pita bread with some peanut butter and peppermint tea. For break I have grapes and granola and for lunch I had a vegan pizza with a lettuce, cucumber and tomato salad.

Sponsored Links:
25th Jul, 2015 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Vegan Veganism

About a couple of weeks ago I stopped eating any commercial food outside. My eating lifestyle has changed drastically to cope with my living. Over the last few years I have:

* Stopped consuming all dairy
* Stopped eating all processed sugars
* Stopped eating all flour on a regular basis
* Stopped eating any food not made by my own hand

I am physically still adjusting to the changes but one thing is for sure - I do not become ill. For those saying that veganism has a lack of so many things I do supplement my diet with the following:

* Multivitamin
* Nutritional and Brewer's yeast

It is also important to understand that NOT every vegan is the same. Someone can be vegan and eat hydrogenated oils, breads and candy - these are the ones that you see ending up unhealthy and / or suffering from a heart attack. The public should not confuse the varying types of vegans out there.

15th Nov, 2015 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Veganism - Vegan Health & Special Psychology

For the past few days, I cut off dairy and meat from my diet. I have tried unsuccessfully to do this in the past several times while being quite hooked to cheese. But for a few weeks now, I stopped craving cheese to the point that I was not consuming it at all and I thought perhaps it was now the right time.

I feel more hungry than before so I need to ensure I have the things I need to snack and eat. Yesterday I had a big salad for dinner with cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes and corn but digested so fast that I ended up eating a big bowl of soup later at night with some toast.

So feeling very confident at the moment that this is going to work out for me now.

19th Nov, 2015 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Vegan Veganism

Can anyone knowledgeable explain to me why every time I try a vegetarian or a vegan diet I get massive headaches ALL day long? And I eat well, not skipping any meals, etc. I have been trying this many, many times and it is always the SAME issue to the point that the headaches do not allow me to focus or think properly. But when I go back to a normal diet, the headaches are completely gone. Please help!

22nd Jan, 2016 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Vegan Veganism

A thought came to my mind and I went and researched about it and I would like to know your views.

We know there are different types of vegans: The ones who do it for health reasons and the ones who do it for ethical reasons and a third, the ones who do it for both.

If I google "Vegan" and there is a definition, this is the first one I see:

international QUOTE
a person who does not eat or use animal products.

If someone abstains from meats and dairy and is doing it solely for health, should they be called vegans or plant-based eaters?

I know lately, in order to make veganism more palatable to the masses they use the word vegan and plant-based interchangeably but is it veganism about what you consume as food only or goes beyond and it's about any animal consumption including clothing etc?

I know ethical vegans are turned off when they hear people who do it for health, refer themselves as "Vegan" because veganism is a lifestyle that goes beyond diet.

Thoughts?

22nd Jan, 2016 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Veganism - Vegan

Donald Watson coined the term "Vegan" and its first interpretation to what it stands for now has evolved and will probably continue to do so for years to come. While my main reason is health my secondary reason is ethical. As a man, I think the use of animal products outside the realm of food is less of a concern for me that a woman who uses makeup and clothing that may have come from animals. Additionally, I do not put animals before human life so will not become fanatical like PETA, etc. Therefore, regardless of what others may think, "Vegan" for me still remains as a person who consumes nothing from animals.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jan, 2016 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Veganism Vegan - Page 3

international QUOTE
Therefore, regardless of what others may think, "Vegan" for me still remains as a person who consumes nothing from animals.

Consumption isn't exclusively to diet. Hence, the term "Vegan" seems to encompass consumption at all levels.

10th Mar, 2016 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Veganism Vegan Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

There are a few interesting quotes by Plutarch on eating animal flesh, there is also mention of Pythagoras and abstaining from meat in the same essay:

international QUOTE
We declare, then, that it is absurd for them to say that the practise of flesh-eating is based on nature. For that man is not naturally carnivorous is, in the first place, obvious from the structure of his body.

A man's frame is in no way similar to those creatures who were made for flesh-eating; he has no hooked beak or sharp nails or jagged teeth, no strong stomach or warmth of vital fluids able to digest and assimilate a heavy diet of flesh.

It is from the very fact, the evenness of our teeth, the smallness of our mouths, the softness of our tongues, our possession of vital fluids too inert to digest meat that nature disavows our eating of flesh.

If you declare that you are naturally designed for such a diet, than first kill for yourself what you want to eat. Do, it however, only through your own resources, unaided by cleaver or cudgel of any kind or axe.

Rather, just as wolves and bears and lions themselves slay what they eat, so you are to fell an ox with your fangs or a boar with your jaws, or tear a lamb or hare in bits. Fall upon it and eat it still living, as animals do. But if you wait for what you eat to be dead, if you have qualms about enjoying the flesh while life is still present, why do you continue, contrary to nature, to eat what possesses life?

Even when it is lifeless and dead, however, no one eats the flesh just as it is; men boil it and roast it, altering it by fire and drugs, recasting and diverting and smothering with countless condiments the taste of gore so that the palate may be deceived and accept what is foreign to it.
Source 3x

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Veganism - Vegan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,