Veganism - Vegan - Page 4 of 6

In a few days will be 8 months since I turned - Page 4 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 25th Aug, 2016 - 12:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Discuss  Veganism,Vegan This is a general Thread about Vegetarians and Vegans - other Threads are country specific.
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2016 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Veganism - Vegan - Page 4

Certain plant extracts may keep you young -- and alive

A new study may have uncovered the fountain of youth: plant extracts containing the six best groups of anti-aging molecules ever seen. Ref. Source 9e.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2016 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Vegan Veganism

Vegans may lack essential nutrient intake, study reports

The health benefits of a plant-based diet is well-known, but the question remains: Could vegans be at risk for deficiency of essential nutrients? A retrospective review indicated that vegans should ensure adequate intake of a few nutrients. Ref. Source 7h.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2016 - 7:36am / Post ID: #

Veganism - Vegan Health & Special Psychology

Specific Receptors for Specific Fruits and Vegetables

Dietary diversity is important because each plant family has a unique combination of phytonutrients that may bind to specific proteins within our body. Ref. Source 1j.

21st May, 2016 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Vegan Veganism

Even our most known thinkers chose Veganism back in the day. This is another wonderful quote from Plutarch on Veganism:

international QUOTE
Can you really ask what reason Pythagoras had for abstaining from flesh? For my part I rather wonder both by what accident and in what state of soul or mind the first man did so, touched his mouth to gore and brought his lips to the flesh of a dead creature, he who set forth tables of dead, stale bodies and ventured to call food and nourishment the parts that had little before bellowed and cried, moved and lived.

How could his eyes endure the slaughter when throats were slit and hides flayed and limbs torn from limb? How could his nose endure the stench? How was it that the pollution did not turn away his taste, which made contact with the sores of others and sucked juices and serums from mortal wounds?

It is certainly not lions and wolves that we eat out of self-defense; on the contrary, we ignore these and slaughter harmless,tame creatures without stings or teeth to harm us, creatures that, I swear, Nature appears to have produced for the sake of their beauty and grace…

But nothing abashed us, not the flower-like like tinting of the flesh, not the persuasiveness of the harmonious voice, not the cleanliness of their habits or the unusual intelligence that may be found in the poor wretches. No, for the sake of a little flesh we deprive them of sun, of light, of the duration of life to which they are entitled by birth and being. Source 5j

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2016 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

Vegan Veganism

Fruit and veggies give you the feel-good factor

New research suggests up to eight-a-day can make you happier. Ref. Source 9m.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2016 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Veganism - Vegan

Plant compounds give '1-2' punch to colon cancer

A preliminary cell study finds combining curcumin, the active ingredient in spicy curry dishes, and silymarin, a component of milk thistle, inhibited the spread of colon cancer cells and increased cancer cell death. Ref. Source 1u.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2016 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Veganism Vegan - Page 4

Inhibiting Platelet Activation with Tomato Seeds

In the prevention of cardiovascular disease, the consumption of fruits and vegetables is crucial. Preventing the oxidation of cholesterol may be one of the mechanisms by which fruits and vegetables reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes. However, hyperactivity of platelets is also critically important in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease, as I’ve covered […] Ref. Source 2w.

25th Aug, 2016 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Veganism Vegan Psychology Special & Health - Page 4

In a few days will be 8 months since I turned Vegan. I couldn't be happier about this particular choice. I am consuming a lot of fruits and feeling amazing.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Veganism - Vegan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,