Is The Bible The Oldest History Book? - Page 2 of 4

The Bible is not a history book, per-say. - Page 2 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2010 - 4:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
7th Feb, 2008 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Is The Bible The Oldest History Book? - Page 2

I do not think the bible is the oldest, really its the thora or old testament which was here before the bible was.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2010 - 11:57am / Post ID: #

Book History Oldest Bible Is

Name: PGFracing

Comments: You say there is no evidence of the Old Testament or even Israel empire? Geography is still there just as the Old Testament says is one evidence and Jerusalem is evidence of an Israel empire.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2010 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

Is The Bible The Oldest History Book?
A Friend

Is The Bible The Oldest History Book? Revealed Bible The

This is a short reply to those who have said their is no archaeological evidence. I believe you have not examined all the evidence. Here is some evidence for you...

Source 6
Caesarea Maritima, City of Herod

...and you will find some beginning evidence for you to build some support on. And as for the oldest book. I'd have to agree I believe it was written in around a 1200-1500 year time span which would make it the oldest book from that perspective to my knowledge.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message. See Constructive Posting Policy

8th Sep, 2010 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Book History Oldest Bible Is

What about the Egyptian hieroglyphs that are like books aren't they even older than the Bible?

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2010 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Book History Oldest Bible Is

I think in the frame of the way the question asked the Bible, The Word of God, is the oldest. It was asking by time it took to write if I remember right. As far as the age itself that may be different.

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2010 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

international QUOTE
And the LORD said unto Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you. Wherefore the name of the place is called Gilgal unto this day.

Gilgal, Israel still there today. Just Google Earthed it a while ago.

And used Google Maps too to view it, also.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Quote Tags as instructed here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. The Source of your Quote should also be provided. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2010 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Is Bible Oldest History Book - Page 2

Name: Manti

Comments: What about the Dead Sea Scrolls aren't they just as old or older than the current Bible?

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2010 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is Bible Oldest History Book The Bible Revealed - Page 2

The Bible is not a history book, per-say. But I'll extrapolate. You could use the Bible to reference culture back at the point in time it was created. But if that is history then the Epic of Gilgamesh or some writings on an Egyptian pyramid (I do not know the name of the texts) would be older.

Reconcile Edited: Rhieland on 23rd Sep, 2010 - 5:12am

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Is The Bible The Oldest History Book?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,