Pour The Gravy On

Pour Gravy On - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 8th Aug, 2006 - 12:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
A very gravy situation!
7th Aug, 2006 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Pour The Gravy On

Pour The Gravy On

Since DianeC sent me some gravy mix I have become gravy happy, but it just occurred to me that it is usually potatoes that I end up putting it on: mashed, baked and fried... so not the question is... what else can I pour my gravy on? Do not say potatoes... I have that taken care of already and nothing gross like pouring it on bananas!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2006 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

Pour The Gravy On
A Friend

On Gravy Pour

JB, you are depriving yourself of the wonders and joys of gravy if you just put it on potatoes! I am a gravy expert since my wife makes gravy that makes you swoon with pleasure for your taste buds.

Gravy works on a variety of meats:
Chopped steak - baked or fried
Chicken - fixed nearly any way
Turkey - fixed nearly any way
Pork - usually baked, not fried

Gravy works on other sides besides potatoes:
Stuffing
The right type of rice - usually brown rice, like red beans and rice

You see, gravy works on all these things in addition to just about any type of potato you can think of!

7th Aug, 2006 - 6:53am / Post ID: #

Pour The Gravy On Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Konquererz is correct in all the above, we use it on all meats, even hamburgers!

Sausages are good with it, savory pies and pasties, even fried mushrooms and onions, sometimes adding beansprouts with the mushrooms and onions.

I can't think of anything else that Konquererz hasn't covered, I'll keep thinking and get back to you on it! laugh.gif

7th Aug, 2006 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

On Gravy Pour

I knew someone would mention meats and although that is a good idea I rather not put it on meats because it reduces its own natural gravy flavor. I suppose over stuffing will be good, but I cannot even remember when last we ate that and probably will not for a long time to come either. Pie sounds good, maybe a macaroni pie might do.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2006 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Pour The Gravy On
A Friend

On Gravy Pour

It depends on whether it's brown gravy, or white.

I like brown gravy on Yorkshire pudding. Yum!
I like white gravy on biscuits. (Not cookie biscuits, but bread biscuits)

7th Aug, 2006 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Pour The Gravy On

This is a dark brown gravy. I have never tried the white on biscuits, but have seen it on pictures as an option. Yorkshire pudding, yes, I believe there is a recipe for it within this Board, I will have to search it out (how do you know about Yorkshire pudding?).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2006 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Pour The Gravy On
A Friend

Pour Gravy On

how do you know about Yorkshire pudding?

My step-Grandma (sweetest lady ever) made it on special occasions. It was a recipe of her mum's (her parents came over here from England.)

She would serve it with beef roast and asparagus and brown gravy, of course. Then she would always make berry trifle for the dessert. Delicious!

8th Aug, 2006 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Pour Gravy On Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Indygo, you are one lucky person! One thing that is great with gravy is dinner rolls. Nothing is better than finishing up your meal with a warm soft dinner roll being sopped in gravy.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pour The Gravy On

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,