Jesus Day

Jesus Day - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 16th Sep, 2006 - 7:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10 June, 2000
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2006 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Jesus Day

Jesus Day

Did you know that Texas Governor George W. Bush signed a memorandum on 17 April 2000 proclaiming the 10th of June to be 'Jesus Day' in Texas, a day that "challenges people to follow Christ's example by performing good works in their communities and neighborhoods.

Do you think it was the correct thing to do as Governor? Do you think this may have been an insult to other religious groups? What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2006 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

Jesus Day
A Friend

Day Jesus

I always thought this was an urban myth. But upon research, I found it wasn't!
https://www.snopes.com/religion/jesusday.htm

This right there tells us our Presidents leaning. He indeed has a religious biased in his government if he thinks he can make laws regarding the establishment of religion. Establishing a day celebrating the main figure of the Christian religion is indeed making a law regarding the establishment of religion. This is unconstitutional!

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2006 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

Jesus Day
A Friend

Jesus Day Revealed Bible The

Wow! I have lived in Texas all my life and never knew this. Being, though, that I am a Texan, this gives me only another reason to love GWB. I do not think this is wrong at all, just as Christmas, Hanukkah, and Easter are not wrong. I do not celebrate Halloween, but everyone around does. If you do not wish to celebrate the holiday, then no one is forcing you! But I think it is important to have days like such so as to spark our memory that being a good person is the best thing along with God. If your opinion varies, then let it vary- but do not say that religious holidays should not be. And to add onto that, he was the governor of Texas I do not think that many other people will mind. All the liberals and other beings with a different religion in Texas have come to accept that Texas is a Conservative/Republican, Christian state.

> TOPIC: Jesus Day

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,