Western Values Overcomes Islam?

Western Values Overcomes Islam - Studies of Islam - Posted: 2nd Aug, 2006 - 11:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Thus saith a Scotsman...
Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2006 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Western Values Overcomes Islam?

BLAIR: WESTERN VALUES MUST TRIUMPH OVER RADICAL ISLAM

The conflict in the Middle East, as well as others involving Muslim extremists, revolve around "modernization within Islam" and whether the Western system of values can "beat theirs," British Prime Minister Tony Blair said in a speech Tuesday.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/08/01/...lair/index.html

Sponsored Links:
2nd Aug, 2006 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Islam Overcomes Values Western

I know that it is not popular these days to claim that values are of any importance. However, I believe that the values that were once held in the US by essentially everyone, easily trump the values held in much of the Middle East, including all of the Arabian world.

In this, I refer to values such as rugged individualism, acceptance of personal responsibility, true patriotism.

Europe has appeared to me to deny most of the values that once made it great. Yet their values of speech, liberty, and (somewhat) freedom of religion all fly in the face of Muslim values.

I believe that until Western values begin to overcome current Muslim values, war and terrorism will continue.

> TOPIC: Western Values Overcomes Islam?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,