Law Of Causality - Page 3 of 4

Name: Monica Country: Comments: I think you - Page 3 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 9th Jun, 2011 - 11:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Proof that God does exist?
12th Jan, 2010 - 10:00am / Post ID: #

Law Of Causality - Page 3

First, I feel, overall, it is irrelevant - I can't know for sure how everything started, nor how it "ends", and in the grand scheme of my life, isn't going to affect it in the slightest, so this is objectively, wholly unimportant, except for the possibility of advancement of our intellectual and abstract understanding of things, as a society.

For me, I've never found religious assertions or the Big Bang theory satisfactory for how and why everything is "here" - something out of nothing, applying standard scientific principles to the genesis of existence, just seems silly, as does some omnipotent intelligence which existed by itself before creating everything - again, from nothing.

I just don't think they're correct. From this, the only idea that seems plausible to me is that of "suspended causality", where neither religion nor science apply, and everything just "WAS", and always has been. I do not believe anything or anyone created the Universe, God, the planets, etc. I think everything has always been around with no actual point of being "created". There was never "nothing", a time when things did not exist, and this includes life in various forms. From here everything then becomes open for discussion and empiricism and religion and other concepts can be argued, but before it, I feel is simply wasteful effort.

The same goes for the "end". I do not believe the Universe will "run out" of energy or matter or whatever; it is not going to stop existing, or anything else of the sort, and it isn't going to "end", anymore than, by my thinking, it "began". It just IS.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2010 - 7:15am / Post ID: #

Law Of Causality
A Friend

Causality Law

The law of causality does not affirms that everything must have a cause.What it says is that every effect must have a cause.

And in responding to these statement made by Konquerez

international QUOTE
So in the end, there is not logical argument regarding god, only faith, which is fine, as long as you don't confuse it with logic.

It seems that you miss one of the laws of anthology that says this: that is something is,something or someone must have the power of being. Why because nothing can possibly come out of nothing

So it is logical to say that a supreme being created the universe. And that these supreme being is eternal, has the power of being and is transcendent. And why? because if something or someone didn't have the power of being, nothing could possibly exist. And these argumentation do not invalid any law of logic.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Check your spelling. Do not use line breaks in the middle of a sentence. Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

16th Mar, 2010 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Law Of Causality Beliefs Religious General

The universe can be viewed as a circle. It has no beginning nor end. It merely changes from one form to another endlessly.
We like to think of a beginning and an end, a cause and an effect. Such thinking oftens ends as God being responsible for the universe. However the problem remains since where did God come from?
We are finite creatures. We live for awhile, then we are gone. Yet in an endless circle the DNA of life always existed and by random chance, we have always existed and will always exist. Therefore from a physical structure each of us is eternal.
Copies of us will always exist. They will always experience an infinity of different lives. From an infinity of infinity, our lives will repeat eventually. Yet most of the time we experience different lives.
The universe always existed and we always existed. If we define God as the driving force of life, then God always existed as well.
The Biblical God is another story. Throughout eternity an infinity of Gods has occurred and will always occur. Thus God is eternal as well.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2010 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Causality Law

Name: Hal

Comments:

international QUOTE
The universe can be viewed as a circle. It has no beginning nor end.

Even that is setting bounds because a circle has a border, an in and an out. I think we are just too limited in our minds to understand the vastness of creation. It is like asking a gorilla to explain physics.

5th May, 2010 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Causality Law

I find a combination of many ideas defines what the truth actually is. Thus I come to understand everything is, and doesn't.

For example: You are studying a horrible war, sometime in the show a commercial for hair products comes up.

Chaos is life and death, life is death, death is life. Knowing is being mentally hindered, being mentally hindered is knowing all.

Everything follows in balance, we are but tiny little sparks of something withing a vast ocean of nothing.

Knowing your inner self is the most important lesson to learn in this life. All the while living the outer.

This way I say there is no one thing in the ego. Once you think past the ego and go to your inner being you touch on immortal energies.

These immortal energies flow and are in being without any kind of thought. They just are, like the cosmos. They exist beyond laws and boundaries.

Post Date: 6th May, 2010 - 7:40am / Post ID: #

Law Of Causality
A Friend

Law Of Causality

international QUOTE (Orion)
Chaos is life and death, life is death, death is life.

Orion, life cannot be death and death cant be lightin in the same time and in the same relationship. It invalids the law on non-contradiction: that something cant be and not be in the same time and in the same relationship. Example:a can not be a and not a in the same time and in the same relationship

In other words something can not be something and be nothing in the same time and in the same relationship. (something cant be nothing and nothing cant be something).
So you cant exist and not exist in the same time and in the same relationship.
and this same principle applies to these
quote:(Thus I come to understand everything is, and doesn't.)

international QUOTE (Orion)
Knowing is being mentally hindered, being mentally hindered is knowing all.

If we follow the logic of these argument and say that knowing is being mentally hindered. how do you know all if you are mentally hindered? If your same knowing hindered you from knowing more.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th May, 2010 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Law Causality - Page 3

If you "know" something it is usually that you do not know it all, thus you are hindered. On the other side an animal does not sit around trying to explain were the sun comes from. It is mentally hindered but in its mind, it knows all. The question never enters its mind. Ignorance is bliss, and a wise man knows he knows nothing.

As for life and death, I look at life and wonder if we define life and what it is to be alive in the wrong way. Many say life is a heartbeat, or being aware of your existence, ect . . . Yet many common everyday things do not share these characteristics and are considered alive. I would go further but then I get into the spiritual realm and that is a matter of opinion. I would try to explain it in scientific or logical terms but it would get very bogged down and I would have to twist things and patch holes. Suffice it to say I think we are not really alive, just as time does not really exist. I think our definition of life and time is like our definition of santa claus.

Existing and not existing is just in the way you look at it for me. If you believe in existence after death, which is another topic entirely, then when do you not exist. Does the world cease to exist when you die, if you can no longer be a part of it in that way is it not still there? Anyways, we are talking theory here and much of what I have said is of course a theory. You don't have to believe it and it may not make sense to you, its just my opinion.

I think everything we define has boundaries and laws it follows. Everything moves in balance and has a certain structure. This does not mean there are things at work behind the curtain so to speak that we can only quess at. If the argument is, is there a God, I would say of course there is. Did he create the universe and all existence, that I am not sure of. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. If I can't say for sure no there is no way for that to happen. Then how can I claim to know, I don't, therefore there is a possibility it is true.

I would say also there is pretty strong evidence that God, and the spiritual realm in general, does exist. I think man has always wondered about this and tried to make up an answer that seemed most true. Using what they could see and understand and forming the most plausible answer. Much like how people used to think the world was flat. Or that the sun was carried up int the sky by Gods. They saw this extraordinary thing happening and so had to admit it was there. They couldn't explain how this could possibly be though, so they made up the best thing they could think of at the time. I think this is how we understand God today.

Much of the information about God's existence is all logical theory and personal belief. I think it is this way because that is the realm God lives in. The only way we can see God is threw these means. Once you begin that journey you are setting a course for your inner being. What it is that truly drives you, what force it is that makes you feel the way you do. Not the ego and things of this world, the outer, but things of the inner realm, things that are eternal.

In this realm we begin to treat ourselves better, begin to treat our fellow humans better. Start to understand money does not truly matter. That hurting another individual is wrong, ect . . . Perhaps God set this up inside us so that as we search for him we find ourselves and our fellow man. That is why if you look for God only in the physical you will only be able to catch a glimpse. I think he is teasing us to look further.

So basically I am saying there are things we can define. Those things must follow laws of the physical and are always balancing themselves in constant motion. Then there are those things we cannot define, no matter how hard we try they slip threw our ability to define them. These things I believe follow another set of laws that belong to a separate "world".

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2011 - 11:50am / Post ID: #

Law Causality General Religious Beliefs - Page 3

Name: Monica

Comments: I think you are all misunderstanding the Law of Causality. The law states: "Everything that had a beginning has a cause." By the very definition, this only applies to things that we KNOW had a BEGINNING. We know the universe had a beginning based on Einsteins theory of General Relativity(which is confirmed to be true). This is observable and measurable. Therefore, you cannot assume that God had a beginning at all because there is no way to observe or measure God, he exists outside the parameters of the Law of Causality.

Source 1: "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist." Norman L. Geisler & Frank Turek

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Law Of Causality

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,