Eating In Filth

Eating Filth - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 13th Mar, 2007 - 7:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Only in Trinidad...
5th Aug, 2006 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Eating In Filth

Eating in Filth

Something that disturbs me a lot is to see people buying food on the roadside. It is not the fact so much that they are blocking the pavement where people have to walk, but also that near to these eating areas is the strong scent of urine or even a pile of garbage or even the drain that is clogged up. That does not stop Trinis though, like desperate huger starved animals they gather around a doublesman trying to wolf down food.

Here is more... the doublesman can also be observed... he takes money and sees about the food at the same time. I am also amazed that they use their hands in some cases to take the bara out of their box in the preparation process. Is this not obvious to people? Are they not able to recognize that the reason there may be so many viruses going around is because of these unclean practises that they encourage?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2006 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Eating In Filth
A Friend

Filth Eating

Unfortunately thats what happens when nothing gets regulated by standards that people feel are the best for everyone. But when everything is dirty, then no one cares. They probably don't keep their own hands clean so they just don't care if someone else does either. I have noticed that I only care about people washing their hands because I myself care about my hands being washed as well.

14th Nov, 2006 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Eating In Filth Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Something that disturbs me a lot is to see people buying food on the roadside. It is not the fact so much that they are blocking the pavement where people have to walk, but also that near to these eating areas is the strong scent of urine or even a pile of garbage or even the drain that is clogged up

There is a place just like that in Curepe. The vendor is next to this HUGE pile of filth and someone took something and tried to cover the pile of garbage...and I emphasized "tried" because you could still seeing and smelling the trash coming out from that pile, yet in the line were men, women and others with children buying the food. Don't get in the middle of Trinis and their food, they eat anywhere. laugh.gif

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2006 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Eating In Filth
A Friend

Filth Eating

FYI: There are regulations covering this, and if you observe things like this the responsible thing to do is to report that doubles-vendor to the Ministry of Health, or the Bureau of Standards - either of which can have him charged and fined.

Regulations-wise though, most Trinis do not take the time to know their legal rights, or to report violations, therefore they continue to either buy from the dirty vendor, or drive past him day by day.

Education is the only way to solve this particular problem.

15th Nov, 2006 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Filth Eating

QUOTE (Trinichic)
...the responsible thing to do is to report that doubles-vendor to the Ministry of Health

I can only say a couple of things about that:

1. Sometimes the health inspectors themselves are buying there. I was even witness on one occasion of someone (health inspector) saying that he was not satisfied with the condition of the place he was buying from, but what does he do - buy food from the establishment anyway.

2. If we are to report these people then I would say about 85% of the people of the street would be unemployed and about 50% would have to close down.

Having worked in the food industry for a couple of years I know what goes on from staff to management level, but I do think it is a good move to start reporting cases - maybe I will even do so, and see the result - I will then report my findings here.

2nd Feb, 2007 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Eating In Filth

Rest assured your country is not alone in this issue. In Toronto one see the same issues we just call them sausage stands. Do what I do avoid them and be safe.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Feb, 2007 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Eating Filth

It's poor though that the health food inspectors are having double standards by saying they are of poor quality then eating there!

We also have hot dog stalls here, but I'm very careful where I buy food from, because years ago, I bought one and was seriously ill from it to the point that I passed out!

I think JB is right in the fact that if you see something that isn't right.. you should report it. In the long run it will save a lot of people from becoming ill at some point or another.

It's surprising to me that these stalls do such a good business in Trinidad though, especially as by the sounds of it filth is clear to be seen right next to them. I know it would be more than enough to put me off buying from them!

13th Mar, 2007 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Eating Filth Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Once the food smells and tastes good, people will continue to buy from the individual, regardless of his location. If there is garbage strewn all over the place, flies everywhere, this never deters people from coming to buy and eat. It never ceases to amaze me that people may be health conscious when it comes to their bodies but disregard the importance of eating in safe and clean environment!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Eating In Filth

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,