Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 14 of 22

When I said that I meant a good education - Page 14 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 23rd Oct, 2010 - 4:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 22 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (22) »
Trinidad Homeschooling
Post Date: 20th Oct, 2010 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 14

What I meant is that some institutions ask for certificates and certain written qualifications, believe me I've had some run in with those. Home schooling isn't illegal here but you have to understand we are not the states, we can't just show up at university and say "oh well I was home schooled" when asked about our qualifications. That is my biggest concern I think, a child who is home schooled can be a well rounded individual if the process is done correctly and the internet has lesson plans on every subject so it's not difficult to get teaching material. Like I said it was my choice to send my son back to school for now until I find out the proper course of action.

Sponsored Links:
20th Oct, 2010 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

Oh I see what you are saying. In my case, I plan to send my girls away for university when that times comes so home schooling isn't really a concern to me in this aspect.

I can't wait to get started! smile.gif

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2010 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

That is another option, sending the child to university abroad but do you think that seeing as the child was home schooled in a country other than the one they'll be attending university in and the procedure is not known to them it will cause a problem? Going to the States or England is a great choice especially seeing the problems affecting our own university, I would love for my son to attend university abroad I've recently started teaching him about other countries in the hopes of cultivating his interest in other cultures and maybe he'll want to visit them on his own when he is an adult. I mean we wouldn't want complications to arise out of home schooling here and attending university in another country. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

20th Oct, 2010 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Page 14 Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

international QUOTE (Pamela @ 20-Oct 10, 1:28 AM)
do you think that seeing as the child was home schooled in a country other than the one they'll be attending university in and the procedure is not known to them it will cause a problem?

Not at all. A lot of universities welcome kids of other countries with open arms, they like diversity and home schooling has never been an issue even in top colleges like Harvard. If it becomes an issue, they can always take the G.E.D test.

international QUOTE
I mean we wouldn't want complications to arise out of home schooling here and attending university in another country. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Yes I think I understand, what I think happens though is that most people aren't really familiar with home schooling and believe certain things that those who believe in the school system tell them or their friends and family (you know the typical socialization issue, entrance to university, etc). As you can see, there is an answer for every one of these issues with home schooling that's why I feel so comfortable about the whole idea with my girls. smile.gif

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2010 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

Well all your points are valid, I get what you're saying and I wish you well with your girls, our children are our greatest treasure and a good education is ir-replacable. In these modern times not having a good education is no excuse especially when it's mostly free.

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2010 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Name: Jill

Comments: Homeschooling is the best thing I could have done for my daughter. She was not doing well in her classes and I felt the school was not helping her to be she needed be. Today she is an honors student in our local university. I thank the day I pulled her out from the disaster they call public education. If parents know what their children are really learning from the teachers and other children they're around hey might take the same steps I did to ensure the correct teaching took place.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Oct, 2010 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling Trinidad & Tobago - Page 14

international QUOTE (Pamela @ 19-Oct 10, 9:37 PM)
In these modern times not having a good education is no excuse especially when it's mostly free.

I think the arguable point about homeschooling and school is that just because a child goes to school it doesn't mean that they are automatically getting a good education. Just like homeschooling and good education aren't mutually inclusive, it's the same for school. The difference lies that in home schooling the parent is able to control the kind of education the child receives while in school they are left up to teachers. So in my opinion those who think that sending a child to school guarantees them a good education are mistaken or naive.

Post Date: 23rd Oct, 2010 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Home Schooling Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 14

When I said that I meant a good education on the whole not just going to primary and secondary schools or home schooling alone I was talking about holistic education and university abroad in England or the States.

> TOPIC: Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,