Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 19 of 22

Name: Deejay Country: Title: Looking for help - Page 19 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2014 - 11:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 22 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 
Trinidad Homeschooling
Post Date: 13th May, 2013 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 19

Name: Natty

Title: Homeschooling

Comments: I am a homeschooling parent however, whenever I tell others of what I'm doing, they would say to me that I'm breaking the law or it's illegal. Is homeschooling illegal?

Sponsored Links:
13th May, 2013 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

Legally, you are supposed to see that your children attend school unless you have been exempt by the Ministry of Education for special reasons. We covered this already within this Thread.

Note: Due to the lack of accommodation and infrastructure, most times there aren't schools that cater for special needs like non-medicated ADHD or autistic children and parents are thus forced to home school their children and / or find extra curricular activities for them.

For instance, most schools will require someone with ADHD to be medicated, but the parents may not go for that because those drugs have terrible side effects.

Autistic children who cannot use the toilet or children in general who have some special needs where they cannot 'clean after themselves' will not be accepted into a school system.

If it is that your child is neurotypical then you are required by law to send him / her to school be it private or public.

25th May, 2013 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

JB:

international QUOTE
If it is that your child is neurotypical then you are required by law to send him / her to school be it private or public.

Well, that's sort of inaccurate. This is not Germany where by law, all children must attend school. The fact that the regulation isn't that rigid says a lot. According to the present act, if in the opinion of the Minister, the child in question is receiving excused satisfactory instruction at home or elsewhere then he/she is excused from attending school. Good luck at trying to get a minister interested enough to evaluate your case and give such excuse.

Homeschooling is NOT, I repeat NOT illegal in the country.

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2013 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Page 19 Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

I want to home school my daughter and the triplets when they are born. The problem is [people] frown upon it, please help.

9th Nov, 2013 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

What help do you want? You want us to tell you how to stop people from frowning down on it? That will not happen, people (More so Trinis) have a particular view point no matter if they are educated or not about it.

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2013 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It is so [ridiculous] that every time I ask about it people say leave her in the school else she will not have a good education and she [won't] be able to get a good job. What about morals. I wish ATI could start holding conferences in Trinidad. If anyone could get in contact with them that would be so nice.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2014 - 11:07am / Post ID: #

Home Schooling Trinidad & Tobago - Page 19

Name: Curriculum

Comments: I am looking for an Association of Homeschoolers, I heard that there is one under [SF]?

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2014 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

Home Schooling Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 19

Name: Deejay

Title: Looking for help

Comments: I'm considering homeschooling for my 9 year old. I need a tutor can't do it myself. Any suggestions/recommendations?

+  « First of 22 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 

> TOPIC: Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,