Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 6 of 22

Good for you Lisa. I didn't even know - Page 6 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 3rd Oct, 2009 - 3:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 22 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (22) »
Trinidad Homeschooling
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2009 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 6

Name: Rebekah

Comments: Hi, I live in central Trinidad and I am beginning to homeschool my 3 children this term (September). I know of several families in the west in the east and in the south who are doing the same. I thought of hosting a homeschooling forum in south; if anyone is interested let me know.

I am new to this and while I am excited about doing it and anticipate good things I am not clear on all the methods or curriculum and which ones are best. I have been told a mixture of styles and curriculum is best - in other words customizing to suit the child. Since I am now starting should I be worried that I don;t have all the answers before starting?

Sponsored Links:
12th Sep, 2009 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

QUOTE (JoePublic @ 3-Sep 09, 8:55 AM)
Since I am now starting should I be worried that I don;t have all the answers before starting?

No, you should not be worried about it but ensure you do it quickly so your kids can benefit of whatever style suits them. Keep in mind also that each child is different and you may have to adjust to fit the needs of each one. Please keep us update of your progress. smile.gif

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2009 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Abby

Comments: Good Morning my name is Abby and I am the Managing Editor of The Student Press Newspaper. A secondary school newspaper distributed to all the secondary schools throughout the country on a monthly basis. We are very interested in doing a story on homeschooling, offering it as a viable option both parents and students can consider.

15th Sep, 2009 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

I thought it was law that all children had to attend a public or private school and cannot be taught from home in the form of "homeschooling"?

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2009 - 6:28am / Post ID: #

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

That's one of the blessings of being in a 3rd World country. You have the freedom basically to nurture your kids however you wish. Even though it is "law" that you have to send your child to school, no one will bother you if you educate your kid at home unless you make a point of making a point of it if you get my drift.

18th Sep, 2009 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago

Dexter are you one who was home schooled? Sometimes I wonder about the social aspects being missed but then again I think about what they are missing and they are probably better off being home if they getting the right education by good parents.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2009 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling Trinidad & Tobago - Page 6

Name: Lisa

Comments: I started homeschooling my 5-year-old son in September. He loves it. While this is a bit of a learning process for me as well, it is one that I am enjoying. I decided to homeschool because I do not like what I see in public or even private schools today. The pressures that are on children at a young age and the behaviors they are acquiring from schools is not positive or enriching to their characters. This is not just about schools in Trinidad, but also in the US, which is where we are from. I get a lot of pressure here in Trinidad to send my son to school. I have a nephew who is going to be taking the SEA next year. He has no time for anything but school, more lessons after school and on weekends too. He is stressed out and tired all the time. I did a lot of research and thought long and hard about this. I decided to homeschool because I want my children to have a childhood, to have a love of learning for life and not be burnt out at age 10, to have good moral values and to retain their innocence for as long as possible. As for the socialization issue that is the first argument homeschooling parents receive, homeschooled children do more socialization than institutional-schooled children because they are out in the real world with varied people of varied ages, professions, cultures and lifestyles and are able to articulate and relate to people in general in a more effective manner after all is said and done. Just go online and or at the library about research findings on this issue.
We use a homeschooling program called Sonlight from the US. It's structure is very natural and not of a classroom type setting.

Source 1: Sonlight Curriculum Ltd.
Source 2: US CBN News on Socialization homeschooling vs. Schools

3rd Oct, 2009 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 6

Good for you Lisa. I didn't even know there are so many homeschoolers in the country.

> TOPIC: Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,