Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 13 of 22

Hi Pamela thanks for replying. Since one of - Page 13 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 19th Oct, 2010 - 10:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 22 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (22) »
Trinidad Homeschooling
Post Date: 15th Oct, 2010 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 13

Pamela: Why don't you look at this as a blessing in disguise. This is an opportunity for you to start discovering the wonder of life through your child's eyes. You can't imagine how much fun learning can be - for both of you.

Most teachers in Trindad and Tobago are teachers because either they like the short working hours and holidays or they cannot do better. All you need is 5 O'Levels /CXC. Ask most Teachers if they would still teach if they win a 20 million lotto and, if they answer truly, the reply would be NO WAY!

Do you want such an indvidual to guide your son through the most formative years? Pamela, as you said before, you have the time, then what is stopping you from homeschooling?

Sponsored Links:
16th Oct, 2010 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

Hello everyone. It's good to see that there are so many people interested in homeschooling! I have two little girls who are going to private school but I am thinking in homeschooling. I am not very impressed with the type of education they have received so far. Any tips for a mom who is new in all this? Oh my girls are 6 and 8.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2010 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

LydiaTT: First off, Welcome and hooray to you! Second, if you haven't taken a holistic look at education and personal development and the fact that by nature, most humans are learning machines, then I suggest you read at least some of the books by the late John Holt such as: "How Children Fail", "How Children Learn", "Learning all the Time" and "Teach Your Own" as well as Moore's "Better Late than Early".

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2010 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Page 13 Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

Name: Mali

Comments: I've met a child that was homeschool and my first impressions weren't that good. She knew a lot about academics but was grossly naive and lacked commonsense.

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2010 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Schooling Home

In my personal opinion that is one of the drawbacks of home schooling the lack of social skills. That is one of the reasons I sent my son back to school, and there is the legalities involved in home schooling, we really don't know much about that area so while I explore my options I've decided to send my son back in the hopes that he will form friendships and he got a really nice teacher this time, home schooling is still an option for me but I want to make sure that I follow the proper procedure so he won't have any problems later on.

19th Oct, 2010 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Hi Dexter thanks for those book suggestions I will certainly look for reviews online. Do you home school your kids?

Mali, I met lots of home schoolers (abroad) and they're wonderful. They're bright and creative. Maybe the ones you met have other type of needs that isn't really related to home schooling.

Pamela, hi I followed your story in this thread. I am glad your son wasn't seriously hurt and I must admit I was a little surprised about the decision you took after all it transpired and after all the things you shared here. I think TriniSpanish last points were very valid, I was looking forward to your reply.

So a little more about me.I have two girls who are very talkative, very smart and sweet and I am not happy about the way they are treated or the kind of education they're getting at school so I am thinking in homeschooling. I am a stay home mom. I would like to know if anyone has any idea how many home schoolers are in the country and how to go about it from the start? Thanks again for everything.

Many people are trying to tell me I shouldn't because of the socialization aspect but I laugh. I mean, it's not like home school kids stay home ALL day and never interact with other children? I plan to have lots of extra curricular activities for them so they get the chance to interact with kids of their own age and in a group setting I approve. What would be the reason for me to send them to school and socialize with those who bully them? (like it's happening with my girls). It makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Reconcile Edited: LydiaTT on 19th Oct, 2010 - 12:33am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Oct, 2010 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Home Schooling Trinidad & Tobago - Page 13

Hi Lydia TT, I understand and agree with what Trinispanish said but as you yourself said in your thread, we really don't know all the aspects of home schooling from the legal aspect to carriculum, so like I said in my earlier thread I need to know all these things for sure before I decide to start home schooling so we don't run into problems later on and I would suggest you do the same because later on we don't want our kids to have problems when trying to enter university or even other private institutions.

19th Oct, 2010 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

Home Schooling Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 13

Hi Pamela thanks for replying. Since one of my last posts I did a little research and home schooling is not illegal in Trinidad and Tobago so I am not sure what do you mean by our kids having problems entering universities or private institutions?

> TOPIC: Home Schooling In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,