Stonehenge

Stonehenge - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 30th May, 2008 - 3:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Stonehenge dig
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2008 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Stonehenge

'Breakthrough' at Stonehenge dig

Archaeologists say they have broken through to a layer which could help to explain why Stonehenge was built.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7337292.stm

Stonehenge
Stonehenge (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2008 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge
A Friend

Stonehenge

Stonehenge is a temple to the sun. It's construction, and the means of transporting it's material from the Preseli to the circle is a mystery.
The placing of the stones to herald the sun at different times of the year is pin point, the greatest example of ancient engineering on Albion.

14th Apr, 2008 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Stonehenge Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I would love to visit there and feel the stones for myself to know the people who put them there.

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2008 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge
A Friend

Stonehenge

Access is allowed, but the number of visitors is controlled, especially at the times of the Pagan festivals. Midsummer is the main festival, along with Beltane and Yule.
There are of course numerous stone circles all over Britain.
But Stonehenge is the most famous, I myself have never been there.
We have our own sacred sites in Wales, I have a few favorite places where I can tune my Awen to the stars.

29th May, 2008 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

Stonehenge

After years and years of speculation, new research indicates that Stonehenge is nothing but a burial site.

WASHINGTON - England's enigmatic Stonehenge served as a burial ground from its earliest beginnings and for several hundred years thereafter, new research indicates.

Dating of cremated remains shows burials took place as early as 3000 B.C., when the first ditches around the monument were being built, researchers said Thursday.

And those burials continued for at least 500 years, when the giant stones that mark the mysterious circle were being erected, they said.

"It's now clear that burials were a major component of Stonehenge in all its main stages," said Mike Parker Pearson, archaeology professor at the University of Sheffield in England and head of the Stonehenge Riverside Archaeological Project.

In the past many archaeologists had thought that burials at Stonehenge continued for only about a century, the researchers said.

"Stonehenge was a place of burial from its beginning to its zenith in the mid third millennium B.C. The cremation burial dating to Stonehenge's sarsen stones phase is likely just one of many from this later period of the monument's use and demonstrates that it was still very much a domain of the dead," Parker Pearson said in a statement.

The researchers also excavated homes nearby at Durrington Walls, which they said appeared to be seasonal homes related to Stonehenge.

"It's a quite extraordinary settlement, we've never seen anything like it before," Parker Pearson said. The village appeared to be a land of the living and Stonehenge a land of the ancestors, he said.

There were at least 300 and perhaps as many as 1,000 homes in the village, he said. The small homes were occupied in midwinter and midsummer....

30th May, 2008 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Stonehenge

That is an interesting take. It would also explain why some people feel things when they visit there. It is likely the energies from the dead.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th May, 2008 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Stonehenge

A burial ground or a place for sacrifices? What happens to all the people that claimed it was some kind of mysterious poer place? How does the dead give off energy if theyre dead?

30th May, 2008 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

Stonehenge Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

Life is an energy so when one does that energy still exists some call it your spirit. It is not unusual that in places where many are killed that there are "ghosts" (residual energy or the energy that was life at one time) about. Some claim they are sensitive to this and many who never felt this kind of presence before do here. It is hard for one like me or you to describe such a sensation since we are ignorant in this knowledge. Could it be dead people still hanging about or is it the energy associated with the "Awen" that Harkon spoke of?

I would associate trying to describe such an occurrence similar to how a medieval knight would describe a stealth fighter. The will not even come close to an accurate description but yet it is the best they can do.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Stonehenge

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,