David Blaine

David Blaine - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 27th Jul, 2013 - 8:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Discuss  David Blaine
9th May, 2006 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

David Blaine

David Blaine, is an illusionist and street magician, who has become very popular because of his death defying stunts. His latest was a stunt where he was submerged in a sphere in New York City, filled with salt water. He stayed there for about 2 weeks. Tonight, he tried to break the world record for holding one's breath underwater which was 8:58 but came up about 2 minutes short.
Other stunts he has performed are as follows:

Above the Below:
A 44-day stunt where he was sealed inside a transparent case and suspended 30 feet in the air.

Vertigo:
Blaine stood on a 90 foot pillar for 35 days with no water and food.

Frozen in Time:
Blaine was placed in a block of ice in Times Square for over 60 hours.

What are your thoughts on David Blaine; magician, illusionist or hoax?

David Blaine
David Blaine (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th May, 2006 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

David Blaine
A Friend

Blaine David

I don't see these stunts as magic tricks at all. They are tests of endurance, but no trickery involved. They appear more like publicity stunts than bonafide tricks. However, David Blaine is the first person I have ever seen to hover off the ground on the side walk. I don't know how he does it, but he is a show man, thats for sure. He is definitely entertaining to say the least. I really enjoy watching his street magic acts.

27th Jul, 2013 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

David Blaine Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

He is very good, I see him more like Criss Angel, an amazing illusionist. In this video he turns a cup of coffee for a homeless man into a cup full of coins.

27th Jul, 2013 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Blaine David

This is pure illusion. First you put the coins in then top it up with the coffee / chocolate. He gets him to drink without turning the cup too much to reinforce the illusion. Then if you notice he puts one hand underneath, this pushes the coins up while draining the liquid below. The cup is of course rigged.

> TOPIC: David Blaine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,