Spelling - We Can't Read You!

Spelling Can' T Read You! - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 12th Mar, 2004 - 10:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

?
Poll: Do you use the forum spell checker?
  Yes, everytime I post       43.24%
  Yes, some of the time       27.03%
  No, I always forget       0.00%
  No, I can spell really good       29.73%
Total Votes: 37
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
How do they spell that word again?
Post Date: 12th Mar, 2004 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Are you good at spelling? Does it make you angry when you see a message or text written full of errors? This thread is about the forum spell checker...

Sponsored Links:
12th Mar, 2004 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

You Read Cant - Spelling

Yep, I'm good at spelling. I might use the spell checker if I typed out a long post and didn't get a chance to review it. But mostly not.

Now, when I see a post with spelling errors, I don't get angry... but my fingers itch to edit it and correct them all! undecided.gif It's kind of embarrassing.

Roz

12th Mar, 2004 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

Spelling - We Can't Read You! UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I was wonderingz whez youz wold be comeing hare to replies to dis laugh.gif

Oppssss... Farseer, did that make your finger itch?

Most of the time I have to multi-task so much that I just type out all of my thoughts at an incredible speed, hit the spell checker for typos, to heck with the grammar and hope it lands on the thread ok. If I study the details of each thread I type I will go crazy.

Interesting enough... One thing that bugs me on a post is to see... 'I' instead of 'I' when referring to self.

12th Mar, 2004 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

You Read Cant - Spelling

laugh.gif I was trying to avoid this thread, but I couldn't help myself... it's an obsession Now... I have to tell you.. ... that one bugs me... Opps is actually spelled with two O's ... "Oops" and "oops" is actually short for "whoops"

whoops also woops -- interj.
Used to express apology or mild surprise.

oops -- interj.
Used to express acknowledgement of a minor accident, blunder, or mistake.

Roz

12th Mar, 2004 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

You Read Cant - Spelling

laugh.gif Okay...

Oops....

By the way, how do you fare on other forums? Based on what I have seen compared with the others we are like publishers here.

UPDATE: Wait a sec... I put four dots instead of three, I wonder if that is a violation too. wink.gif

12th Mar, 2004 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

laugh.gif Since you asked, the fourth dot on the ellipsis is a period -- end of the sentence or thought. In other words, it's correct as you have it.

Yes, we have some of the best posters here smile.gif You should see me in chat rooms where everyone is speaking in license plate language... grrr!

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Mar, 2004 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Spelling - Can't Read You!

But then again... can 'Oops' on its' own be considered a sentence?

Darn I began the above with a conjunction... laugh.gif

Actually in case no one has noticed... when I write certain words I use uppercase letters even though it is not necessary. This is to show emphasis and is used by some journalists to Make a Point!

Offtopic but,
Wait, you use chatrooms? I have not seen you on ours wink.gif

12th Mar, 2004 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Spelling - Can't Read You! Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

While we are correcting stuff, the proper grammar for the survey would be --- "No, I can spell really well" tongue.gif

I spell reasonably well. I only use the spell checker when I am not sure of a word. If I am not sure I have spelled it correctly, I use the checker. Perhaps if I used it more like JB does, to check for typos, I wouldn't have to edit so many of my posts! undecided.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Spelling - We Can't Read You!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,