Helsinki Finland Temple

Helsinki Finland Temple - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Oct, 2006 - 11:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2006 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Helsinki Finland Temple

Helsinki Finland Temple

TENTH TEMPLE IN EUROPE TO OPEN

See https://www.lds.org/newsroom/showrelease/0,...1-23869,00.html

HELSINKI, Finland - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has completed the construction of a temple in Helsinki, Finland, to become the 10th operating temple in Europe. For two weeks beginning September 21, 2006, the public is invited to tour the temple. After the public open house, the temple will be dedicated.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2006 - 9:09am / Post ID: #

Temple Finland Helsinki

I find it very interesting that Olavi Louko, the assistant city manager, was allowed to choose the design of the temple.

The church representative opened his huge binders and asked Louko to choose what he liked. "In the binders, there were pictures of dozens of temples from around the world, maybe even a hundred." Louko chose a temple that had an impressive and tall spire.
I think that in many places, the church must woo officials into letting a temple be built.

Post Date: 23rd Oct, 2006 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Helsinki Finland Temple Studies Doctrine Mormon

HELSINKI TEMPLE IS DEDICATED

See https://www.lds.org/news/0,5014,5014-,00.html

HELSINKI, Finland - A forecast of cold temperatures and stormy weather gave way to moments of blue sky and unseasonably warm temperatures as President Gordon B. Hinckley emerged from the Helsinki Finland Temple Sunday to conduct the traditional cornerstone ceremony. Members of the Church came from as far away as the Arctic Circle in northern Finland, while others traveled for up to four days from areas across Russia to attend one of the four dedicatory sessions.

23rd Oct, 2006 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Temple Finland Helsinki

I heard President Hinckley said that maybe this could be the last Temple he dedicated but he said "we will see how things go". It is almost like he knows his time is getting closer. sad.gif By the other side, I heard that the Temple dedication in Finland was great and almost 1% of Finland's population were in attendance even though it was a very cold day.

> TOPIC: Helsinki Finland Temple

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,