Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Thomas S. Monson
Post Date: 21st Aug, 2006 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Thomas S. Monson

PRESIDENT MONSON MARKS HIS 79TH BIRTHDAY
See https://www.lds.org/news/0,5014,5014-,00.html

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - President Thomas S. Monson, First Counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, will celebrate his 79th birthday today. "It will be a work day as usual" on his birthday, according to Church spokesman Dale Bills. "Monday evening President Monson and his wife, Frances, plan to celebrate at home with their children and grandchildren."

Sponsored Links:
28th Sep, 2006 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

Monson S Thomas

Thomas S. Monson has the potential to be our next Prophet, Seer, and Revelator, which means I should probably know more about him. I do enjoy reading his articles and talks, but I have a hard time listening to him. I think he takes the "voice modulation" to extremes, personally.

28th Sep, 2006 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

Thomas S. Monson Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think he takes the "voice modulation" to extremes, personally.

laugh.gif Maybe is just his style *smile. I personally do not feel much identified with his stories of good Utah/Idaho boys.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2007 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Monson S Thomas

PRESIDENT MONSON RECEIVES AWARD FOR LIFETIME OF SERVICE
See https://www.lds.org/news/0,5014,5014-,00.html

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - Nearly 50 years ago, President Thomas S. Monson appointed himself the personal guardian for 87 widows in his ward. All of those women have passed away, and President Monson has spoken at every single funeral of the women he visited for so many years. That attitude of service earned President Monson the Worldwide Humanitarian Award at the Salt Lake Rotary International convention Saturday.

Thomas S. Monson
Thomas S. Monson (Hover)

28th Jan, 2008 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Monson S Thomas

Here we have the new Prophet since Pres. Hinckley passed away. What direction will the Church go under his leadership? What are your thoughts?

28th Jan, 2008 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

Thomas S. Monson

Not really sure. He is a story-teller more than a preacher, it kind of concerns me though due to the amount of evil we all are exposed to on a daily basis. I would expect straightforwardness like Pres. Hinckley in some hot topics rather than what happened to a widow many years ago in a little town in Idaho. But let's see.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2008 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

Thomas S. Monson

Name: Guest

Comments: Did not Christ himself teach with stories (parables)?

28th Jan, 2008 - 6:58am / Post ID: #

Thomas S. Monson Mormon Doctrine Studies

I tend to agree with the guest comments and parables. I really don't relate to the Utah stories either but I do learn from his parables/stories. I love the widow story because it shows his compassion and care that we should all have for someone. I am sad at President Hinkley's passing--I think he was a great man. But I have faith that the Lord has need for President Monson and his teachings. I think that there are always people that learn "different" ways.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Thomas S. Monson

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,