We Do Not Want $200 Notes

We $ 200 Notes - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 31st Aug, 2006 - 2:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Would you be for or against a $200 note?
21st Aug, 2006 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

BANK OF CANADA DROPS PLANS FOR $200 BILL

The Bank of Canada is abandoning its plan to release a $200 banknote, saying that too many merchants were opposed to the plan.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...ote-canada.html

Although I do not know what the big deal is... I would go for a $1,000 note or even a $500 note rather than $200. However, the higher you go the easy it is to traffic money illegally, so that may have been a consideration when halting the purpose.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2006 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Notes Not We

I don't see the big deal with a 200 dollar bill. However, I don't see the point to it either. I think that if someone wants to add new bills, I think they need to provide a decent reason to spend the man power and money to create and release a new bill. If there is really no need, then it shouldn't be done.

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2006 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

We Do Not Want $200 Notes History & Civil Business Politics

Okay, Mr. Cynical will intervene here.

It's all to reduce the weight of the rich man's purse/ wink.gif.

> TOPIC: We Do Not Want $200 Notes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,