Alcoholic From Beer

Alcoholic Beer - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 1st Mar, 2010 - 6:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2006 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Alcoholic From Beer

Alcoholic From Beer

Is it possible to only drink beer and become an alcoholic?

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2006 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Beer Alcoholic

I would say yes, based on British Government advertisement, which reckons that if you drink more than 8 pints of beer a week, every week, then you are classed as being an alcoholic.

Of course the British Government could be wrong, it has been known before.. laugh.gif

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2006 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

Alcoholic From Beer
A Friend

Alcoholic From Beer Health & Special Psychology

You have to drink such a large amount of beer to be considered an alcoholic, that you would be broke soon, or live in the bathroom. I don't believe you can be a real alcoholic just drinking beer. When I was a heavy drinker, I drank for the buzz, and light stuff like malt liquor just didn't cut it. I don't think that beer on the norm can give you enough alcohol quick enough to give you the buzz that alcoholics crave. I have never met a drunk that only drank beer all the time. But I have known some beer drinkers who drink allot of beer but rarely get drunk. I don't know if they would classify that as alcoholism because it didn't interfere with life or job.

5th Sep, 2006 - 8:01am / Post ID: #

Beer Alcoholic

Yes, it is possible to drink only beer and become an alcoholic. It might be a long time for someone who is an alcoholic to be considered an alcoholic. Alcoholism is not always apparent at first. It is a disease in which the victim develops a physical dependence to alcohol, and I believe that this can be done with beer as well as hard liquor. Usually alcoholics will drink hard liquor after a while but they can become addicted just from the beer. Besides craving the buzz, an alcoholic also drinks to prevent withdrawal symptoms. My dad was alcoholic and there were times when he would drink hard liquor but there were also times when he drank only beer. He was trying to control his alcoholism but he was still addicted to it because he had to drink every single day. Also, when someone drinks every single day they can take one drink and become drunk again. I guess the alcohol is still in their system and it doesn't take much, in that case. This is my opinion.

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2010 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Beer Alcoholic

Name: Alisa

Comments: I would say yes, absolutely, a person can become an alcoholic just by drinking beer. I have friend who drinks nothing but beer and I would say he is an alcoholic. He would never admit it, but that only means he is in denial. He doesn't drink during the day but at night he does and when he does he always gets drunk. Sometimes he'll call me and I can tell right away that he is drunk. I don't know exactly how many beers he drinks but I do know they are the pint size cans- probably 3 or 4 of them. I have talked to him about this before and he told me that he could quit but he doesn't want to. Well, that was over a year ago and I am now certain he drinks every night and he gets drunk. This was a real disappointment to me because I know how hard it is to quit alcohol because the body craves it.

I'll talk to him about it again, but I am afraid it is going to be of little use. The alcoholic has to want to help himself, and they usually don't want to.

28th Feb, 2010 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Alcoholic From Beer

100% Yes it is possible to become an alcoholic from drinking just beer. However the amount of beer being drank is I imagine the real problem.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2010 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Alcoholic From Beer
A Friend

Alcoholic Beer

I believe you can. When beer doesn't do it for you you start adding other things to the mix. A shot or two and then it gets out of hand. Been there done that. One day when I am more familiar with this site I will share my nightmare of that whole mess. tongue.gif

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2010 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Alcoholic From Beer
A Friend

Alcoholic Beer Psychology Special & Health

I believe that yes a person can be classified as a alcoholic when they only drink beer. Yes they have to drink a lot of it. If one is already a alcoholic then the drinking of beer is maybe a way for them to regain control of them self. I know that is what I did.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Alcoholic From Beer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,