Is Warren Jeffs LDS?

Is Warren Jeffs Lds - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Jun, 2008 - 6:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Differences between FLDS and LDS and Mormon
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2006 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Is Warren Jeffs LDS?

Is Warren Jeffs...

Is Warren Jeffs a Latter-Day Saint leader?

Sponsored Links:
13th Sep, 2006 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

LDS Jeffs Warren Is

No, but he is a Mormon leader.

He teaches, and lives, a faith descended from the basics taught in the mid 1800s. His group has changed some of those beliefs, making them more restrictive, and possibly degrading other beliefs. Over the last few years, he has become somewhat of a domineering, despotic leader.

The Latter-day Saints are specifically members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I really don't think that anyone within his group would consider themselves to be Latter-day Saints. Officially, they are members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or FLDS Church.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2008 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Is Warren Jeffs LDS? Studies Doctrine Mormon

REPORTS OF POLYGAMY STORY VARY ACROSS THE WORLD
See https://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/ne...cross-the-world

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - The public affairs office of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints today complimented U.S. media outlets for being careful to distinguish between the 13-million-member international Church and a small polygamous sect raided by Texas state officers late last week. However, the Church said that some international news outlets are running misleading reports that confuse the Church with the polygamous group.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2008 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

LDS Jeffs Warren Is

LDS Church critical of media reports on FLDS

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is criticizing international news media outlets for failing to distinguish between the mainstream LDS Church and the Fundamentalist LDS Church.

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints discontinued polygamy officially in 1890. More than a century later, some news reports, especially those outside the U.S., still fail to draw clear distinctions whenever stories arise about polygamy in the Intermountain West," the LDS Church said in a statement posted on its Web site.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695269713,00.html

15th Apr, 2008 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

LDS Jeffs Warren Is

I understand the LDS position but I do not think their efforts to try to distinguish the two is going to help within the Media, particularly because the FLDS believes to be the *true* LDS Church.

19th Apr, 2008 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Is Warren Jeffs LDS?

So Warren is a break off of Mormonism of is Mormonism a break off of Warren Jeffs?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Apr, 2008 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Is Warren Jeffs LDS

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was set up through Joseph Smith in 1830. Later, after his death there were break off groups. One of the groups is the "FLDS". Only the main group maintains the same name originally given to the Church and that is the current day Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints which is NOT part of the FLDS or Warren Jeffs. However, groups such as the FLDS retain the name "Mormon" along with others, but in fact the term is a nick name.

13th Jun, 2008 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Is Warren Jeffs LDS Mormon Doctrine Studies

In my huge hamlet of 15 homes we had an older couple there. Excellent people and it was two ladies and the husband. As a stupid teen we pondered on that many times. they were in their 70's I was n my teens so they would have been born in very early 1900's. So would they have been Mormons? Or part of the FLDS sect?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Is Warren Jeffs LDS?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,