Censored Lds Books

Censored Lds Books - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Oct, 2007 - 11:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2006 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

Censored Lds Books
A Friend

Censored Lds Books

Just wondering if anyone has heard of a book called "The Message". It apparently wa written by a LDS man who died, and was instructed in the spirit world to write a book about his experiences. Upon hearing of the mans endeavors, the first presidency asked him not to publish the book. I heard about this from a missionary who was positive that his last companion had a copy in manuscript form. Any information would be magnificent.

Sponsored Links:
14th Sep, 2006 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Books Lds Censored

Tolkien, as far as I know this book has not been censored by the Church and Deseret Books was selling it (but they could have changed their mind, they usually do it with these type of books) The author of the book is Lance Richardson.

I found two links, the first one is a review of it and the second a place you can purchase it online:

https://www.aml-online.org/reviews/b/B200139.html

https://www.amazon.com/Message-Lance-Richardson/dp/1889025046

Hope it helps,
LDS

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 14th Sep, 2006 - 1:00pm

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2006 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Censored Lds Books
A Friend

Censored Lds Books Studies Doctrine Mormon

Why was (or would) the book [be] "censored " by the church or the publisher? What is the book about?

30th Dec, 2006 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Books Lds Censored

I am not sure Linda which book are you referring to, there are many reasons why the Church would censor a book to be sold on Deseret:

1. Teaching false doctrine or against current doctrine.
2. Any kind of sexual content.
3. Books that may challenge current Church position on certain topics.

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2006 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

Censored Lds Books
A Friend

Books Lds Censored

I was referring to the book referred to by Tolkien--"The Message". What is the topic of that book, and why the first presidency would ask the author not to publish the book.

31st Dec, 2006 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Censored Lds Books

The book is about a Near Death Experience, visit to the Spirit world and so on. I am not sure about the incident with the First Presidency, keep in mind that a lot of things you read online are mostly myths so is quite possible that the First Presidency never asked such thing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Oct, 2007 - 11:21am / Post ID: #

Censored Lds Books

I was surprised to read these comments.

I own several copies of this book. After I read it I wanted to share it with everyone! I bought copies for most of my family. I have never heard of it even being a problem, of course that could be because I don't know where to look for that type of information.

Since this topic was from last year and a link was provided by LDS_Forever, I am curious if anyone purchased or borrowed it to read and what they thought.

Rather off topic, but...
I believe Lance Richardson did actually pass away after a few years. I remember reading ZION-City of Enoch, and the second one was ZION-A Long Road to Sanctification which he co-authored as well, but I think it was after this book he died. I will have to research and see what and when it happened.

> TOPIC: Censored Lds Books

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,