Starbucks - Page 2 of 6

Starbucks apologises to Mandelson Coffee chain - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Feb, 2009 - 4:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Starbucks Reviews
Your Review
Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2008 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Starbucks - Page 2

Starbucks Must Pay Back $100M in Tips

A Superior Court judge on Thursday ordered Starbucks Corp. to pay its California baristas more than $100 million in back tips and interest that the coffee chain paid to shift supervisors.
Ref. https://abcnews.go.com/Business/IndustryInf...tory?id=4494197

Sponsored Links:
23rd Mar, 2008 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

Starbucks

Nice ruling. The shift supervisors are not part of the reason the patron is tipping. It is the immediate contact they get with the baristas. The store is supposed to look emaculate and staffed with enough food and employees to do the job...that is the supervisors role. When I tip, I do not expect the supervisor to get a dime of that money. If Starbucks wants to supplement the supervisors salaries, they should find ways to do it themselves and I am sure they already do.

Love the coffee, but do not love the price. There is no way a cup of coffee really cost that much. IF there is a recession, this is one business that is going to be hit REALLY hard. But as I said, the coffee is really good.

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2008 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

Starbucks Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Starbucks' New Brew

The world's largest coffee chain is having a tough year. Seattle-based Starbucks is battling competitors like Dunkin' Donuts and McDonald's, who are further expanding into the gourmet coffee market. CEO Howard Schultz says the Starbucks strategy is to re-focus on the brew, selling freshly made brewed coffee for a fraction of the cost of their fancy, espresso-based drinks.
Ref. ABC Nightline

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2008 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Starbucks
A Friend

Page 2 Starbucks

I don't think Starbucks has anything to worry about in terms of competition. McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts are so much less classy. It's all about the class. I buy coffee there only once in awhile, and it just feels like a nice treat for myself. I like the cafe latte and the green tea latte. Good stuff.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2009 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Starbucks

Starbucks Unemployment

Starbucks Plans to Slash as Many as 6,000 Jobs, Close 300 Stores in 2009 [4:33 p.m. ET]
Ref. ABC News

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2009 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #

Starbucks
A Friend

Starbucks

This is really bad news for students, especially in the States where they are closing so many stores. It's going to be that much harder to get a job now.

I am fairly sure that none of the multiple Starbucks near where I work will get closed. It's the downtown core and there are heaps of people that visit each store every day. I wouldn't be surprised if it was decided for the stores to be closed on weekends, though. I doubt they break even on weekends.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Jan, 2009 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Starbucks - Page 2

The coffee stinks bad real bad, about the only place that is worse then Tim Hortens. People are brainwashed into thinking it is the best. When they started the roasts were not as bad but now they are buying cheaper beans or something and the beans taste well burnt.

Funny part is most people I know that go there do not drink the coffee it is the lattes or teas and other specialty items that they make that do taste nice as long as you have a small loan to buy it.

I find the family restaurants often have the best tasting coffees as it is what keeps customers coming back.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2009 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Starbucks Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Starbucks apologises to Mandelson

Coffee chain Starbucks has apologised to Lord Mandelson over comments which prompted a four-letter tirade. Ref. Source 6

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Starbucks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,