Salt Addiction

Salt Addiction - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 11th Feb, 2016 - 12:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

?
Poll: Are you addicted to salt?
  Yes       30.00%
  No       70.00%
Total Votes: 10
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Best of  Salt Addiction Sodium Addict
Post Date: 21st Sep, 2006 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction

Salt Addict

Why do you use salt? Do you consider that most packaged foods already have salt in it?

international QUOTE
Hands off the salt shaker, health Canada to recommend

Under proposed revisions to Health Canada's food guide, Canadians could be advised to eat foods with little or no added salt, but the evidence on the benefits for healthy people is a grey area.
Ref. Source

Image from MorgueFile public domain.

Salt Addiction
Salt Addiction (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
21st Sep, 2006 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Salt

It needs to be highlighted the danger of too much salt, but as the report states, also having too little salt for your body can cause complications also.

In the UK, the government has taken the initiative of government health warnings regarding salt intake, and they recommend that you consume no more than 6grammes of salt per day. To make it easier for people to recognize how much salt is in ready made food, they have made it a requirement to state on packaging and labels how many grammes are in the food.

I know that this doesn't sound like a large amount of allowable salt, but remembering how light salt is, in reality it is a fair amount.

Maybe the Canadian government may start something off like this themselves. It does seem to clarify what is good for you and what is not.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2006 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction
A Friend

Salt Addiction Health & Special Psychology

I got my salt addiction from my mother...she and I both seem to salt our food before we even taste it. When we eat with family, my grandmother keeps the salt shaker beside her. She says our salt intake is going to kill us before we know it. I agree with her, I have got to slow down, and so do many others.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2006 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction
A Friend

Addiction Salt

I have high blood pressure that is effected by salt, which means I can't have much salt in my diet. When growing up, I never wanted salt on anything and like vegatable and other foods with no salt or anything else on it. But when I started in with high blood pressure treatment, I suddenly got the craving for it all the time. Occassionally I will have allot of salt but then have to purge the next day with allot of water and no salt. But I love salt on any thing now, and constantly think what I'm eating needs salt. But I have to hold back because my salt in take needs to remain at a specific levels and the doctor monitors it, she especially checks when its high.

3rd Oct, 2006 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Salt

I am a salt addict but not so much as I used to be. I got it from my mom which is a salt addict in the extreme. For example, she will salt the bottom of a fry pan before she fries a hamburger. She salts everything, even before she tastes it. Several years ago, while I was pregnant, my doctor prohibited salt so that got me off the habit somewhat. Now I still like it but I know it's unhealthy so I try to limit myself.

3rd Oct, 2006 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction

I cook and eat with almost no salt added, I just do not have the need for it and my family does not care about it much either. Here in Caribbean we eat food with lots of seasonings so you do not really miss the salt.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Oct, 2015 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Salt Addiction

Sprinkling Doubt: Taking Sodium Skeptics with a Pinch of Salt

Sprinkling Doubt: Taking Sodium Skeptics with a Pinch of SaltIs the sodium debate a legitimate scientific disagreement or a “controversy” manufactured by industry? Ref. Source 8z

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2016 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Salt Addiction Psychology Special & Health

Sodium Skeptics Try to Shake Up the Salt Debate

What about the studies that show a “u-shaped curve,” where too much sodium is bad, but too little may be bad too? Ref. Source 4a.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Salt Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,