Salt Addiction - Page 2 of 5

I wouldn't mind salt on my food but - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th Nov, 2016 - 1:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

?
Poll: Are you addicted to salt?
  Yes       30.00%
  No       70.00%
Total Votes: 10
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Best of  Salt Addiction Sodium Addict
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2016 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Salt Addiction - Page 2

Gene study could help heart patients cut craving for salt

Scientists have shed light on why some people crave salty food, even when they know it can seriously damage their health. The findings suggest it could soon be possible to offer heart disease patients a medicine that helps them manage their salt intake and curb the adverse effects of high blood pressure. Ref. Source 7m.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st May, 2016 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Salt

Salts in the brain control our sleep-wake cycle

A new epoch-making discovery has been made, which may prove decisive to future brain research. The level of salts in the brain plays a critical role in whether we are asleep or awake. This discovery may be of great importance to research on psychiatric diseases such as schizophrenia and convulsive fits from lack of sleep as well as post-anaesthetization confusion, according to experts. Ref. Source 8e.

2nd May, 2016 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction Health & Special Psychology

While a little salt is nice I don't understand the addiction to it because the side effects are uncomfortable: you want to drink more and thus pee more. You also tend to look bloated because salt retains water.

Post Date: 22nd May, 2016 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Addiction Salt

Low-salt diets may not be beneficial for all, study suggests

A large worldwide study has found that, contrary to popular thought, low-salt diets may not be beneficial and may actually increase the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and death compared to average salt consumption. The study suggests that the only people who need to worry about reducing sodium in their diet are those with hypertension (High blood pressure) and have high salt consumption. Ref. Source 6o.

Post Date: 25th May, 2016 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Salt

Higher salt intake may increase risk of cardiovascular disease among patients with chronic kidney disease

Scientists have evaluated more than 3,500 participants with chronic kidney disease, examining the association between urinary sodium excretion and clinical cardiovascular disease (CVD) events. Ref. Source 7w.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2016 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction

Sodium and Arterial Function: A-salting our Endothelium

A salted meal can impair artery function within 30 minutes by suppressing a key detoxifying antioxidant enzyme in our body. Ref. Source 4j.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Nov, 2016 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction - Page 2

Kids continue to consume too much salt, putting them at risk

Cardiovascular disease, including heart disease and stroke, kills more than 800,000 Americans each year. We know that too much salt may contribute to high blood pressure and increased cardiovascular risk. According to a new study, American children are consuming sodium at levels that far exceed the daily recommended limit. Taste preferences for high sodium foods, formed as children, follow individuals into adulthood and put them at increased risk for developing cardiovascular problems later in life. Ref. Source 6g.

20th Nov, 2016 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Salt Addiction Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

I wouldn't mind salt on my food but sometimes I don't even notice how much it comes in a lot of products which is unhealthy for us since some people take this everyday in large amounts.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Salt Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,